Chapter Eleven

Laken Rivera

It felt like forever since I've been sexually intimate with Denver. Last time was when he took my virginity and that experience was more pain than pleasure, so I was always hesitant when he wanted to have sex.

It was time to meet EJ. I was excited to go to Coney Island and visit my past. My mother never took us back there once we moved.

I walked out of Denver's building and a couple of blocks down to the park where EJ claimed he was going to be all day.

The park was just as busy as last time, except Xae's crew wasn't at their table. EJ was sitting down on a bench, distracted by his phone.

I approached him and nudged his head softly. He looked up and smirked at me before sliding his phone back in his pocket.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Did you tell Shade?"

"Your all good. Let's get to the train station,"

We walked out of the park and a couple of streets down. We went down some steps to the subway and waited for the Q train that was going to take us there.

The entire ride was about thirty minutes. EJ and I talked about more things and laughed at a few people who were looking bad as hell on the train.

"Next stop," EJ mumbled to me.

"I can't wait."

"Your such a child."

"Hush up...you know how long its been since I've been to this place? I used to love the rides...I wonder if they still have the same ones."

"Probably-it's rare they update the rides."

The train took about five minutes to reach the next stop. We got off the train and left the station to a mini amusement park that used to be heaven for Xae and I when we were younger.

"Aw shit, look at this place," I smiled as we walked to the Cyclone's admission stand.

"Two people," EJ told the person collecting the money.

He paid for our ride and we went up the wooden ramp up to the cars. We sat in the first car as the attendants made sure we were secure. We were the only people riding.

"Enjoy the ride."

The ride started and pulled us up on the high wooden mountain. My heart grew butterflies as we reached closer to the top. EJ chuckled as I rested my head on his shoulder and buried my face in his warm hoodie.

"Ah!" I shrieked as we reached the top and slowly made it over the hill, plummeting down faster then ever.

"Woo!" EJ yelled as the ride jerked us up, down and side to side.

I started to laugh as my hair flew all over my face. I held on tight to the bar as we continued to be jerked around.

"Wooooo!" He continued to chant as the ride came to a stop.