Need

Nico lay in bed, tossing and turning.

He was unable to sleep, his mind too busy with the thought of holding his best friend, (y/n), close to him and cuddling with her.

He needed to hold her, not want. Need.

But, she was only his friend... his best friend.

He pushed the thoughts from his minds and held his eyes shut, trying to sleep.

Then, the thoughts came back.

He imagined himself holding you tightly, your back against his chest and his arms around you tightly. He wanted to nuzzle his nose into the back of your neck and inhale your sweet scent.

You, well you were awake too, reading a book underneath the light of your small lamp in your bunk.

The (g/p) cabin was silent except for the occasional flip of a page, shuffle of a sibling, or soft snore.

You couldn't concentrate on the book though, having to reread the same paragraph over and over again.

It irritated you.

You couldn't concentrate because of the thought of a certain son of Hades drowning out your thoughts with his dark image and obsidian eyes. You kept imagining tracing your fingers over his tired shoulders and running your hands through his dark hair.

(y/n) usually had these thoughts frequently, but what was odd was how you thought of kissing him...

Kissing. Him.

You tried to shake away your thoughts, but it didn't seem to work.

Shutting your book, you huff in irritation and tuck a lock of (h/c) behind your ear.

You refused to admit your liking to your best friend—even to yourself—, thinking it was too cliché to crush on your best friend.

But, you weren't just crushing for the dark and bruting Nico di Angelo.

You were falling.

Plopping back onto your pillows, you set aside your book and turn off your lamp, declaring it to be your bedtime.

You shuffle to get comfortable, hiding yourself under the covers with your back facing the outside.

Releasing a deep breath, you hold your arms close to your chest and close your eyes.

Unlike Nico, you were able to fall asleep.

Nico bolts from his bed, unable to take it anymore.

He needed to hold you now.

Sliding on a shirt, he rushes into a darker shadow and shadow travels to the quiet (g/p) cabin.

He pauses his frantic movements when he realizes you still had siblings, knowing he had to be quiet.

Nico glides through the shadows and to your bottom bunk, seeing your back facing him.

He began to get nervous now, wondering if you would shove him away or think he was crazy.

He shook those thoughts away, the need of your warm body against his overpowering his fears.

Lifting the covers, he eases under the soft (f/c) blanket and down on the bed behind you.

You didn't notice his presence yet.

That is, until his cold-skinned arm wraps around you and a head occupies the pillow behind you.

You jump slightly in surprise and Nico shushes you.

"It's just me, (y/n)." Nico coos quietly and you immediately ease, recognizing Nico's voice.

You turn and sit up, Nico following your actions.

"What're you doing here, Nico?" You ask softly, not wanting to wake your siblings.

"The Hades cabin is lonely with Hazel at Camp Jupiter and all... so, I came here." Nico says shyly, a light pink dusting him cheeks.

He thanked the gods for the dim lighting.

"Was little Nico scared?" You ask in a baby voice, pinching his cheek softly.

"No!" He yelps, his face growing more red in embarrassment.

(y/n) immediately shushes him between her small giggles, grabbing onto his shoulder as she shakes with silent laughter.

"Keep your voice down or we'll both be cleaning the stables," you whisper and he huffs.

"Can I stay?" Nico asks with a small pout—which you thought was adorable.

"Sure," you reply and lie back down.

"Can I cuddle with you?" Nico asks and it was your turn to blush.

You hold out your arms to Nico, "Yes."

He smiles softly and gladly excepts your arms, lying down with you.

You two move closely together, your head tucked underneath his chin as you were pressed chest to chest.

Nico's body shielded you away from the word and Nico felt relief spread through his chest.

You were finally in his arms.

Not his girlfriend, but that's okay because he was still holding you like he wanted to.

He fiddles with strands of your (h/c) hair as his arms wrap around you.

Fuck Jason and his relationship advice, he had you in his arms and that's all that mattered.