yellow

Yellow was an odd color, a color not cherished by many.

Nico loved the color yellow.

He always said it made him happy, just like you. You made him happy.

Your smile, so bright, just like the sun. And your eyes, blooming like the most beautiful flower, the soothing color easing him. He loved your hair, the soft hair he could tangle his fingers in as he tried to braid tiny braids into it.

And when he closed his eyes, he could see you again. When he slept, he could hear your laugh again, the sweet laugh that was only one of the million reasons he loved you.

You're beautiful.

He wanted to give you the world and if it was possible, he would. You're worth more than you give yourself credit for.

Yellow.

Yellow calmed him.

And as he lay in a field of yellow flowers, all he could think of was you. He saw your eyes again, heard your sweet laugh.

How your nose crinkled when you laughed, how you covered your mouth when you smiled, hiding the beauty he admired.

Closing his eyes, he breathes in the scent of the yellow flowers.

You gave your all.

And one day, he'd be with you again. And you'd be with him, in the field of yellow flowers where he lay now.

You stared at the casket, watching as the yellow flowers burned away with the Hades burial shroud, silent tears dripping down your cheeks.

One day.

One day you'd be with him again.

And you'd both find happiness in the field of yellow flowers where he waited for you, a small smile on his face as he was surrounded by a soft yellow.

A smile trickles onto your face as a sob rattles your ribcage. You clutched a single yellow flowers against your chest, knowing that he was happy in Elysium, he was finally free.

And as you looked at the yellow flowers you held, all you felt was...

calm.