Chapter 2

The man directed me to a room, it was a decent size and had dark brown walls. There was a desk in the middle of the room, with toe chairs in front and behind it. Scattered on the desk were lots of papers, a computer, some pens and pencils, and other office objects. Behind the desk were some bookshelves filled with books, a deer head hung from the right wall and the windows were covered with dark drapes. The room was dimly lit.

I stood near the door as the man walked around the desk and sat down, gesturing for me to sit before folding clasping his hands together. I slowly took the seat but stayed tense, something about this guy seemed off and I couldn't put my finger on exactly what was off about him. But, the way his dark - almost black - eyes stared at me, I couldn't help but feel very uncomfortable and perhaps a bit scared too.

"So, Nikita, is it?" The man asked giving me a smile that looked forced, it was like his face wasn't used to smiling. A lot of things about this guy was screaming odd to me.

I nodded. "Yeah." I replied simply.

This time he nodded, twirling the ring in his middle finger. The ring was goal hand resembled two snakes eating each other's tails. A small gem represented the eyes, glinting in the dim lights. "Indeed, so, how is Dublin? I've always wanted to visit."

"You should, it's beautiful, lots do culture and music. The people there are so kind too, it's a brilliant place to live." I told him, saying all this made my hear ache to go back to Dublin. I missed it so much now that I'm thinking about it again, at this time I probably would be getting home from school.

"I'd love too, but it's very hard, on a teachers salary and whatnot." He told me shaking his head.

Why did I get the sense that was a lie?

"Anyway, we're happy to have you. I've got all your papers that you 'll need throughout the day and an Office Aid to show you to your classes," he said pulling sheets of paper from a folder on the corner of his desk. "You'll really need her, this is school is so large, morning rounds are so hard to do and usually leave me breathless by the time students arrive."

He shook his head, " The expansion plan for the school is going to be the death of me, I swear," he looked at me for a long time and sighed. "Sorry, usually I don't get off topic, I doubt you care about my health problems."

I sat quietly, having no response for his words.

After a while of my silence, he seemed to remember the papers. "Anyway, I have this sheet of paper for you, as you go from class to class have each of your teachers sign it and give it yo Mrs. Platell at the front desk. If you have any questions, stop by at anytime and someone will gladly answer them. Since you are a sophomore, you are not allegeable to leave school campus for lunch, although you are welcome to eat lunch in the cafeteria, library, or gymnasium. But make sure you clean up after yourself." He paused handing me each paper as he spoke. "This is the code of conduct, it's simple really. It covers base on our dress code and rules as well as consequences for breaking said rules, we take rule breaking very seriously here at Princeton High. With that being said,a I hope you never enter my office for a bad deed."

His eyes locked on mine, sending chills of fear up my spine. What was it about him that scared me, overall he seemed like a normal a principle, but I felt like there was something more. Something huge that I was missing and needed to know - have I seen him from somewhere? Perhaps, that would explain why he seemed somewhat familiar. But, where I have I seen him, I couldn't think of anywhere.

"Alright, now here are a few sheets your parents have to sign, pertaining to your lunch plan, parent teacher meetings, transportation - which I see you've gotten covered," He gestured to my longboard. "It also has some permission slips for your extra curricular classes, you came during the middle of the year. This time happens to be the time when we start taking field trips. In fact, I was looking through your file and found you've chosen to participate in Art. I'm delighted to fell you that our art division is taking a trip down to Los Angeles to visit a very high-end art show next month."