Chapter 4

After getting off the phone with my mum, I ate two slices of pepperoni pizza and a large glass of coke. My mouth watered from the first bite, and I found myself wanting to consume the entire box. But, sense I was in the presence of a very attractive guy, I decided to restrain myself and keep my eating to a minimum of two slices of pizza and one glass of coke. Even though I craved six slices and two large glasses of coke.

Ryder seemed to be the perfect gentlemen, he talked and treated me with respect, putting on a movie and playing a game of chess with me. I'm fairly good at chess and have won several tournaments, and even if I wasn't good I think I could beat a stupid tough bad boy. Those were my thoughts and they were quickly proven wrong, I struggled to win furrowing my brows and working my brain to make strategies while Ryder simply sat still, smirking and moving his piece with smooth and fluid movements. He was so sure of himself and won every rematch me played.

I was shocked at how smart he turned out to be. This boy was huge and muscled, very intimidating. He'd saved my from about ten people and bandaged up my broken wrist - it took me a while to notice that by the way. Not only had he done that but he fed me and entertained me. Everything in my head scream ed at me to run, throw something at him and take off - but my feet stayed firm on the ground; and I stayed with him.

"- so then it causes the ball to spin, and keeps it steady on your finger." Ryder said stretching him arms up high over his head.

"Well, aren't you good a physics." I teased sitting up. I was suddenly feeling comfortable around this guy, he wasn't as scary as I thought he was. Actually, he's the sweetest guy I met now.

"I'm also a genius at teenage girl science." He said smiling.

I raised a brow. "Really, explain."

"I know that all teenage girls love supernatural bo-"

"No," I help up my hand to stop him. "Stop right there, I absolutely hate supernatural things. Including books and movies, I can't stand how much false content is in those films and stories. How can a human transform into a wolf or an animal of any kind, such bone changes could surely kill them. Seeing as an animals organs are placed differently and maybe even closer together than human organs."

He stared at me, his eyes darkened. His eyes looked murderous again, only this time they had a tinge of sadness laced within them. "I suppose your right," he said after a while. "It does seem fairly ridiculous that any sort of supernatural is real. But, I was sure teenage girls were into those types of things."

"Oh most are, but not me. You see, I tend to stay on the realistic side. I mostly like sci-fi films and books because they could actually happen. Let's say Hunger Games for example, the plot of the story -"

"Holy crap. Do you ever shut up, all this logic crap is frying my brain!" He snapped getting up and walking away into the kitchen.

I sat frozen in my place, the sudden mood change leaving me speechless. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes, but I refuse to cry, why do I even feel like crying? I rose from my spot and grabbed my phone, ready to dial my mom to get her to pick me up. I was about to press the call button when my phone was snatched from my hand and Ryder looked at me.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." He said stepping closer to me.

I took a step back, sucking in a deep breath. "Give me my phone, I want to go home." I said quietly looking down at my rainbow socks.

"No."

My head snapped up and I felt a surge of anger coursing through me. "No! What the hell do you mean no," I shouted, feeling the vein pop out of my neck as I yelled at him. "Look buddy, you may have saved me and bandaged me up but you are going to give me my phone and I am going to call my mum so I never have to see you again!"