Chapter 6

I watched in horror as he got up and walked towards my door. "You're parents, I'd love to meet them actually. I didn't get to last night." He said reached for the doorknob. I lunched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him down towards the ground, he fell I top of me, knocking the breathe from my throat.

"Get off if me." I groaned, pushing his shoulder but he was very heavy. He got up after a moment, a dazed expression clear on his face but it quickly changed into a more resigned expression. He rain his fingers through his hair and stood up, holding out a hand for me to take.

Gladly, I took his hand and allowed him to heave me onto my feet, and then quickly brushed off myself. "Please don't go out there, my parents will flip out if they see you. Plus, they'll call the police on you." I begged him once I was done brushing off my pants.

He looked at me for a long moment, weighing his options perhaps. He shrugged his shoulders and made his way over to my bed, plopping down and relaxing. Hesitantly, I made my way to the bed, standing near it but not sitting. I'd never had a boy in my bed before, unless they were family and we were hanging out in my room. But, this was a whole new thing for me and I didn't know whether I should sit down with him or stay as far away from the bed as possible.

Ryder glanced at me and the corners of his lips turned up slightly. He must've sensed my distress because it looked like he was trying to hold back his laughter. He must think that I'm the most pathetic person in the word, this was my room and it was my bed but I was too scared to sit on it with him. It wasn't like he was naked or anything, we were just hanging out- at night- in my room- and on my bed.

"You can sit you know, I won't bite." Ryder teased and patted the spot next to him on the bed. He flashed me a dazzling smile, filled with perfect straight teeth.

Reluctantly, I sat down next to him on the bed, crossing my legs and turning my laptop back in my direction. I guess I was going to have to ignore him, I don't think I would be able to make him leave. "Just keep your hands to yourself, okay?" I sighed typing away.

Grinning, he intwined his fingers and lay them on his stomach. In silence, he watched Spongebob while I worked on a paper I had to turn in for History. As the time went by, I found myself relaxing and actually enjoying his company. A few times, he would say a random comment or joke that would make me giggle or smile. Even though he'd technically broken into my home, I kind of liked having him around.

I finished my paper in an astonishing amount of time, closing my laptop and placing it on the floor I leaned back against my headboard. Ryder's arm brushed mine, the sudden skin contact sending goosebumps up my arms and throughout my entire body. Why this just happened, I have no idea but I know he felt it too because he turned and looked at me.

Our eyes locked and my breath hooked in my throat, this is what I feared about having a boy in my room. It was dark and isolated, the best time for intimacy, which I was terrified of. The sudden skin to skin contact had put some sort of electricity in the air, it was like a large vacuum was sucking up the oxygen surrounding us. My palms began to sweat, and I rubbed this against my pajama bottoms.

Ryder's eyes dropped to my lips and he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. I found myself staring at his lips as well, and my thoughts shifted. Instead of the terror of anything intimate happening, I wanted this stranger to kiss me. I don't know why, but it just felt right to me, like it should happen. Even though I'd just met him, I felt an unexplainable pull towards him and it was sweet-somewhat terrifying and confusing but sweet.

As if he'd heard my thoughts, Ryder started to lean into me. My heart quickened when his hand wrapped around the side of my neck, bringing my face closer to his. When his lips brushed mine, I was putty in his hands and quickly slammed my lips against his. I'd never kissed anyone before, mostly because I have never had a boyfriend in my life. I'd always said I would have my first boyfriend and kiss when I turned seventeen, my parents liked that idea.

But I had no idea what I was missing out until now. Ryder's lips were soft yet rough at the same time, they tasted like mint but his scent was fruity-mango perhaps. His hands were rough, but they soothed me with every gentle and careful touch, it was like he was trying not to break me. I have to admit that I'm utterly confused about thee events, I just moved here and was attacked not once but twice. I'd met this boy Ryder who I barely even knew but he'd saved me from both those attacks and now a week later, here I was kissing him in my room late at night.

Stuff like that only happens in the books-in the movies. My brain screamed at me to stop before anything went over the line but my body ignored my brain, all it wanted was more of this mysterious boy. Without my knowledge, my hands tangled in his hair and gave a gentle tug, making him groan against my lips. I knew this could go to several different levels from there, but it didn't. He didn't pull my lips apart to make-out with me and he didn't try anything with his hands; he kept them cupping my face. He was so careful, so controlled and it shocked me.

I'd always imagined boys with his demeanor to be such jerks, only thinking about pleasuring themselves with that of the female body. But with Ryder that didn't seem to be the case, it seemed like he didn't want anything from me; at least not yet. This kiss was enough for him-for now of course, and he wasn't going to push it. In fact, he was the one to pull away from the kiss breathing heavily when he did. My breathing was just as quick as his and I realized, I'd barely taken any breaths during that amazing kiss.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Ryder was already on his feet, moving quickly towards the window. The look on his face broke a hole through my chest, a look of complete and utter horror. Confusion hit me like a wreaking ball, had I done something wrong? Was the kiss bad; it could have been sense I've never actually kissed someone before. My heart dropped to my stomach as I watched Ryder slip out of the window, disappearing from my sight. There goes my first kiss, I thought sadly.

Ryder:

I moved quickly, jumping out the window and landing on me feet. I pressed my palm into the earth, making sure my fist didn't so no cracks would be left. Though the earth rumbled a bit there was no damage done from where I could see. I felt bad for just leaving after we kissed, but I can't do this. Relationships aren't my thing, they used to be until people started dying because of me and I actually like this girl. I'm drawn to her in a way I can't explain and other than mate.

But, I couldn't have a mate and I didn't want a mate. Well, I guess I've always wanted a mate but I'm scared that something might happen to her. Collin and Xander are already toying with her, once they found out I was mated to her they would get rougher with her, poking and prodding until she was no more than a corpse. There was no way in hell that my heart would take her being dead and gone, and the burden of protecting her would be hell. Why couldn't my mate be someone with powers who could protect themselves?

My feet pounded the ground when I ran, I would form but these are my favorite boots and I really don't want to mess them up, shit, I sound like a fucking chick. Nevertheless, I kept running unformed until I reached my house then slowed to a walk. But on my porch I could see a figure leaning against the railing of my home, her hair blowing in the wind. Mia, why was she here?

When the light hit me she turned, immediately catching my scent or seeing the fluorescent shape of me in the corner of her eye. She adjusted her leather jacket and smiled when I came up, frowning when I didn't acknowledge her. "Ryder, we just found each other yet we ignore each other, we're family. Can't we just talk?"

"I'm waiting for the DNA test." I told her, stepping inside the room and to his dismay she stepped inside too. There goes his plan for slamming the door in her face. "Fine, Mia, what do you want?"

"The girl, you love her. She's your mate isn't she?"

"No." I said firmly even though it hurt and walked into the kitchen, getting a bottle of beer from the fridge.

Mia followed and sat down in her chair, staring at him. "Your a damn good liar by voice but you have to control your facial expressions," She laughed. "I knew something was up when Collin called me and when I saw you save her."

"The closet property to where you would have killed or kidnapped her is close to my home, I don't need any police snooping around." Ryder said, he felt himself flinch when he said killed and cursed himself. Of course his body language and expressions would give him away, it was easy for him to know when people lied and sadly Mia had the amazing power too.

"Stop lying. Anyway, your love life isn't why I'm here. My sources say, our parents are in town."

Ryder dropped the beer bottle, not even looking down when it shattered and the fluid drilled everywhere. His parents were on town?