Friendly Faces

[Clem's POV]

"Mornin' Honey", I hear Luke whisper.

I slowly open my eyes to see a smiling Luke, looking down at me. It was around 7:30 am, and I was not in any position to be waking up right now. God was I tired.

"C'mon babe, remember you told Nick and Pete that you were going to go with them to check the fish traps?"

Oh shit the fish traps. I took a deep breath in, then out. Clearly I didn't want to get out of bed, but I have to keep my word. Well I guess we could go check on the fish traps in 20...30...40 minutes. 

I start to get up, but plop right back down and pull the blankets in closer to my face.

"Nah, nope, no thanks. They can wait a little while longer", I say sleepily.

"Oh okay, I'll go tell em", Luke says smirking.

"Haha NOPE!", I hear Luke yell.

I feel Luke jump on top of me. His hands go up and down my sides tickling me.

"No, no, AGHH, omigod LUKE!!", I scream.

"Only if you wake up!", Luke says laughing, his fingers still tickling my sides.

"But I'm TIREDD", I laugh.

Luke's on top of me, moving his fingers to tickle my neck. I'm laughing so hard I can barely breath. I move my hands to his sides trying to tickle him back, but I fail.

"Hey, hey Luke. C'mon leave your girlfriend alone", I hear Pete saying chuckling.

Luke turns around still on top of me. Pete and Nick are standing in the doorway laughing. I figure Nick told Pete about Luke and I.

"I'll meet up with you guys in a bit, just let me get ready", I say to Pete and Nick. They then exit the doorway snickering. I get out of bed and put my purple shirt and jeans on.

"Love you Luke", I say as I kiss him goodbye.

"Love you Clem"

I walk out of the room, grab my gun, and go meet up with Nick and Pete.

"Have fun with Luke?", Nick asks with a grin as he nudges me a little.

"Oh you shut up Nick", I reply as I laugh it off.

10 Minutes Later

We finally make it to the river, and Pete's telling me a cute story of Nick when he was little.

"He didn't speak to me for weeks after I killed that buck. Never would've thought that he had a soft spot for animals.", Pete continued on.

"Awe, that's sad", I reply.

"Are you finished telling her that shit yet?", Nick asks.

All three of us head in different directions to check the fish traps, but as I start walking I see two figures in the distance coming towards me. They already saw me, so I might as well stand m ground.

"Hey there!", the man shouts. He is walking next to a woman with blonde hair.

"Uhh, hi", I reply. These people didn't look dangerous, but I kept my gun handy just in case they tried anything. I remember that it's not only the dead you have to look out for, but also the living.