New and Old Friends

[Clem's POV]

"Welcome", Shane says.

Our group finally reached the ski lodge Shane and Andrea told us about.

"So um...how long have you guys been staying here, and how many people are with you anyways?", Pete asked.

"We've been here for about a good 8 months", Andrea replied.

"My partner, his son, and his wife are here. We also have about 10 others", Shane adds.

We walk in, and the first thing I see is the kitchen sticked with food that looks like it could last months. Then I see a nice living room with a lit fireplace. Luke holds me close to him with his arm wrapped around me.

"Hey Shane, what took you so long?", a man asks as he pats Shane in the back. He is followed by a woman and a young boy.

"People, I'd like you to meet my partner and best friend Rick. Right here is his wife Lori and son Carl", Shane says introducing us to them.

"Nice to meet ya folks", Rick says happily. Pete and Carlos shake his hand.

"Wow, it's so nice to see another pregnant lady out here", Lori says looking at Rebecca. Looks like there's another pregnant women out here.

"It's not the funniest thing in the world to be pregnant in the apocalypse, but I know it'll be all worth it when I see my little baby's face", Rebecca replies. She looks down at her tummy and smiles.

"We got some more people in here somewhere, but just feel free to call this your new home", Shane says.

Shane, Andrea, Rick, Lori, and Carl walk off, leaving it just the group and I.

"You know what, I think I could get used to this place", Nick says.

"It's nice but we still have to be careful. We barely know these people and they just offer us a home? You never know what they could be hiding", Carlos says while holding on to Sarah.

"C'mon, when was the last time you liked anything Carlos? Lighten up. If they wanted to kill us they would've done so already", Luke replies.

"Luke's right. I mean, what if there are some genuinely nice people left? But don't get me wrong, I think we should still be a bit careful because... I did have this one experience where we thought we met nice people", I said. I remembered the time Lee and our group were invited by the St Johns.

"What happened?", Alvin asked. 

"These two brothers and their mother seemed nice and all, but it turned out they were cannibals. They chopped off our friend Mark's legs and tried to feed it to us. Luckily Lee stopped me before I did"

"That's disgusting. What sort of people resort to cannibalism?", Sarah asked with a grossed out look on her face.

"People who have lost their shit that's who", Pete replies.

After our discussion, the group splits up. Rebecca and Alvin go upstairs. Carlos and Sarah go to the living room, and Pete and Nick go to the dining room.

Luke pulls me in for a tight hug. "Clem, if you ever see or hear anything fishy, tell me okay? I don't want you or the group to get hurt", I hear him say as he's embracing me.

"Of course. I'll be safe and tell you if anything goes wrong", I say with my face pressed up against his chest.

"Thank you babe. I love you", Luke says. He pulls me in for a kiss.

"I love you too", I reply kissing him back.

"I'm gonna go see if Shane needs help with anything. I wanna get on these peoples good sides", Luke says.