Chapter Seven.

«I'm only happy when I'm on the run. I break a million hearts just for fun. I don't belong to anyone. I guess you could say that my life's a mess, but I'm still looking pretty in this dress. I'm the image of deception.» 

---

"I'm really sorry about what happened at the club the other day" Alexandra played with her fingers and tried to look apologetic; truth to be told, she felt like a bitch and not in the good way. Like an I fucking left you behind to go dance with a player of your eternal rival kind of bitch.

Antoine blinked more than twice. Of course he didn't forget about the fact that Alexandra left him with her –really weird– friend to go and dance with James Rodríguez, but he wasn't expecting her to apologize about it. Yes, it did hurt him, more than it should and yes, it embarrassed the crap out of him because a quarter of his friends looked how the pretty girl preferred the other guy over him but he still believed there was no need for an apology.

"You don't need to apologize"

"No, I do!" She said stubbornly. "Look, I have done and said things in my past life that probably weren't the right ones, and I'm trying to avoid the same mistakes I did back then by being a new me; it doesn't seem to be working to be honest"

"I don't know what you did back in your homeland but it really doesn't matter what happened in the club, I mean if you want something you go for it, don't you?" Alexandra wasn't an expert on reading other people's expression but Antoine's face didn't exactly show what his mouth was saying.

"You're lying to me and I don't like when people lie to me Griezmann" She called him that for the first time since they met. "I said to you I would kiss you if we weren't working for the same football club because you throw at me one of the sweetest compliments a guy has even thrown–"

"Do you remember what I said?" He cut her off.

Alexandra nodded. How could she forget that he compared her with Princess Leia Organa? It was almost impossible.

"I know I was tipsy but not that tipsy" She clarified. "As I was saying, you were the sweetest guy that day and I would've probably kissed you no matter what if I had three more shots of tequila in my body, and then I screwed up to dance with another guy and that's probably a worst story than the one of my prom night" That day she did things she shouldn't have done.

"As I said before, it's okay" It still wasn't okay. "It's not like we were hitting on each other"

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him carefully. Antoine Griezmann was such a bad liar and it could be noticed from miles away.

"Of course we were doing that!" Alexandra whispered sharply. "I sent a Blow Job to Saúl just because of you and I totally melted when you laughed all manly and everything –by the way, that won't happen again just so you know"

"But you said you were buzzed!" He stood up from the woodened bench. Antoine was now face to face with Alexandra. "That's why I didn't take the thing about the kiss very serious; I mean you were pretty clear when you said you wanted to follow the protocol"

Am I seriously talking to her like a normal person and not like a scared child in his first day at school?

Alexandra took a step back at his sudden reaction and put her palms in front of her –self-defense they called it. Where did Mr. I don't even kill a fly go? Although she could understand his reaction; she did bitch him telling him she basically wasn't serious when she had alcohol in her body. And abandoning him for James, don't forget that.