Chapter Twenty Nine.

«And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one cause most of us are bitter over someone. Setting fire to our insides for fun to distract our hearts from ever missing them but I'm forever missing him.»  

---

"Ja, I told you!" Elliot, one of her co-workers, slammed his palm in the bar table. He was giving a smug look at Connor, the other co-worker sitting next to her. "I told you France was going to beat Germany, you owe me your sexy cousin's number"

"Wait what?" Alexandra frowned looking at both of them. "You bet your cousin's number with this prick?" She said pointing at Elliot with her thumb. This one gasped offended and pressed a hand to his chest. "How dare you?"

"In my defense, I never thought Griezmann was going to be that good against Germany" Connor said.

"Antoine Griezmann is always good, okay?" She pointed warningly at him. Oh my God, I am becoming Antoine's defense squad. "I mean, the guy has proven he's good, doesn't he? How many goals he has? Five? Six?" Alexandra knew he had six goals.

"Antoine Griezmann's on fire, your defense is terrified" Elliot hummed the so popular Will Grigg's on fire song, replacing his name with Antoine's. "Wait, why are so feisty about Antoine Griezmann?" One of his eyebrows popped up with interest.

Alexandra took a sip from her beer and shrugged. "He's good" In a lot of things, she mentally added and smiled.

There it was, that smile. She couldn't stop it even if she tried it really hard.

"Don't smile like you are in love with him" Connor said, looking at her with a grimace on his face. Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Mate, he's handsome, you need to admit it" Elliot told him. She bit her lip to avoid a smile from forming on her lips. "You can be in love with him Alex. Especially because he indirectly helped me to get Connor's hot cousin's number" Connor growled and threw a death glare at him. "Not my fault mate"

"That's what you get for putting on the table your cousin's number" She said and Connor pinched her arm.

"Oh look, my lord and savior" Elliot pointed at the tv screen on the bar and Connor and her looked up, meeting Antoine's face. Alexandra felt like someone was squeezing her heart so hard and smiled awkwardly. "Griezmann, I wouldn't kiss you but if Connor's cousin and I have kids one day, we'll name one after you"

"I would kiss him" One of her female co-workers appeared with a beer in hand and sat next to Elliot. Alexandra frowned. "I mean, I still don't understand how the guy has no girlfriend" This is getting highly uncomfortable. "I heard he was dating with someone but she left him before the Euro, what dumb girl would do that?"

Excuse me!? "Maybe she had her reasons" Alexandra didn't expect to sound so defensive. The three of them looked at her with confusion.

"Just saying Alex, don't tell me you'd turn down that guy" Her perfectly manicured finger pointed at the tv. Alexandra shook her head; no, she wouldn't turn down that guy.

Okay I did it, once or maybe twice. Ugh.

"Plus, he looks like a real gentleman" He is a real gentleman. "Handsome, football player and a gentleman, what else can you ask for?" Antoine is also good in bed too. Good Lord, Alexandra stop it.

"Whoa I didn't know this was Antoine Griezmann's fan club guys" Connor funnily said. "You have Elliot calling him 'lord and savior' and please don't say anything about my cousin" He warned painfully. "Alex smiling like an idiot for him and Jenna saying he's basically the perfect guy to have babies with"