Chapter Thirty.

Update because France vs Italy (might have realized I'm in love with Mattia De Sciglio, ugh).

-

«Still with feet touching. Still with eyes meeting. Still our hands match. Still with hearts beating.»  

---

[Final Chapter]

Alexandra Westorn found herself doing what scared her the most since she left Chicago and started to walk on her own: giving up her pride. She was doing it, hell, she was losing her typical rules for Antoine and it felt good; she felt this was the right thing.

She would lie if she said her bosses' names didn't help a lot to book the flight to France, it was surprising how many people were traveling to the country that weekend. Of course Lauren Reeves knew about it, Alexandra took advantage of that 'you can count on me for everything you need Alexandra' she once told her and used it to speak with her about the story with Antoine –she didn't ask for help but her boss offered her help so she didn't say no.

Now there she was, after a well-deserved nap, standing in the middle of a sidewalk in northern Paris, waiting for Elena.

"Can I tell you this is the sweetest thing I've seen someone doing for love?" The Spanish girl appeared from nowhere and stood in front of Alexandra. "Alex, I still remember when you were struggling with telling him about your feelings for him; you've come from a long way sister"

"I am panicking inside, what if he says we're done for real?" She was there hoping he still felt about her the way he did before they had that hurtful conversation back in Madrid.

"I can assure you he won't tell you he's done with you" Elena said with a smile planted on her face.

Her eyebrows went down in confusion. "How do you know that?"

"Look Alex, I interviewed him after the game against Germany and obviously after the camera went off he asked me about you. Since all I knew about your whereabouts was that you were living in Manchester I didn't say much, Antoine was obviously disappointed because he expected me to say more of you" She explained. "I can't wait to see his face when he sees you in the stadium"

"Did you get me the ticket and the press-pass?"

"All here" Elena hugged tightly her bag. "Why are you standing in front of a sports store?"

"I need to buy his jersey duh" If showing up to the final wearing his jersey isn't a sign of love then I don't know what else to do. "I hope they still have jerseys with his number, you know he has become quite popular"

"Yeah, imagine how awkward would it be if you show up wearing a Payet jersey" Elena teased and Alexandra rolled her eyes. "No but seriously, this is great and I'll be there to witness it. Can I take pictures? You know, for the wedding"

"Stop it" She chuckled and waved her hand in front of her. "Don't go in there Lena"

"And your kids, they are going to love this story" She continued and Alexandra shook her head while smiling. "You two will make beautiful babies"

"Yeah, maybe one day" Oh God, did I just–?

"You're definitely ready" Elena grinned in a smug way.

"What?" Alexandra slightly frowned; there was a smile still on her lips. "What do you mean with 'ready'?"

"Well old Alexandra would've panicked immediately with the mere mention of marriage and babies. This Alexandra actually smiled about it" Oh Jesus. "Do you want me to start singing a childish song about how in love you're with Griezmann?" So Elena and Antonio are basically the same thing.