Chapter 3

Chapter Three:

As soon as his name left my lips, his eyes glowed amber again. A deep growl rumbled in his chest, but I had a feeling it wasn't out of anger this time.

His hand dropped from my chin and instead he grabbed my hips and pulled my body as close to his as possible. Not an inch of space was left between us as his hard, warm body molded to mine. Chills ran down my spine, leaving me breathless. My wolf continued to fight to the surface of my consciousness, refusing to be ignored, my own eyes resembling his.

A loud gasp left me when he buried his face in the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply. His lips skimmed the sensitive flesh were his mark was supposed to lay. The sensations I felt increased and a haze of lust clouded my mind, cutting off all reasoning skills. He gently nipped at the area that his lips were just at, causing molten heat to accumulate in my lower belly. I had never felt like this before.

I had kissed guys, sure, but their lips could never do to me what this man was doing. I had apparently underestimated the mate bond, because never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this.

Suddenly, I was on the bed, my back pressing against the plush mattress. He was covering me in less than a millisecond. He settled himself between my nearly completely bare thighs since my dress had risen dangerously high up my legs. He held himself up with his muscular arms, but his body was still flush against mine. My hands weakly gripped his shirt and his hand tangled in my hair, which was fanned out against the pillow under my head. He tugged gently on my curls, but not in a painful way.

His lips soon descended on mine. I met him halfway and our lips collided in a desperate, lust-filled kiss. Our lips moved in a passionate synchronization. He nipped on my bottom lip, tugging it gently. I opened my mouth for him and our tongues collided.

He pulled away when I started getting lightheaded. I breathed in a shuddering deep breath and he moved down my jaw, to my neck. He nipped and sucked at the skin, eliciting a breathy moan from me.

Before I even realized what was happening, I felt his elongated canines against my neck, threatening to break the skin. I didn't have time to react before he was off of me completely.

I sat up on the bed, looking around the room confused. I breathed heavily and I pulled my dress back down over my legs. I noticed he was several feet from the bed, his back turned towards me. I heard deep, rumbling growls emitting from his chest. His hands were fisted by his sides, his knuckles turning white, and his body was shaking like he was fighting off a shift.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I sat there nervously, tugging at my fingers in my lap, waiting for him to calm down. I didn't want to say or do anything that would set him off again.  As my breathing slowed, the lustful haze died down, the reality of the situation returning to the front of my mind. I hadn't wanted to meet my mate here, which I was ashamed to admit now, but now that I had, I wouldn't change a thing.  He was perfect. 

Finally, after what felt like hours, but was probably only minutes, he turned back around. My smile widened at this, but dropped just as quickly when I saw his face. My lips now tugged downwards in a frown, confusion and anxiety spiking once again.

His now blue eyes regarded me rather coldly. His lips were thinned in a straight line and his jaw clenched. He looked every bit the King now and as much as I hated to admit it, I was feeling slightly intimidated, which didn't happen often.

"Dinner will be served in twenty minutes, Miss Keating. Clean yourself up and don't be late. This stays between us." He told me, or more like commanded me, no emotion in his voice whatsoever.