Crashing Into You-Chapter 7- Never, Ever, Underestimate... The Impossible

Hey guys! I am litterally SO DAMN SORRY for taking so long to upload this! SORRY!!

But on the bright side... THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! This story has gotten over 300 votes so thank you and thank you to all the authors participating in making this happen!!! <3

Anyways off to the chapter....

Chapter 7- Never, Ever Underestimate... The Impossible

Made by: Night-World

I woke up slowly, the pounding in my head now almost unbearable. Obviously, my lack of consciousness had given me no rest.

Blinking and looking up blearily, I came face to face with a pair of startlingly sapphire eyes, locked with mine almost in desperation. What...?

And then the memory came flooding back to me. The memory I had so long suppressed.

The screeching of steel being torn. The door flying off like a missile as hands desperately grabbed at me. The horrific sobs that tore from my throat. And the blood.

Oh god, the blood.

A flash of ash blonde hair, a soft concerned expression, and then darkness.

I sat up straight in a lightning movement - now completely awake. Unfortunately, I moved so fast my head collided with Taylor's. With a dull cracking sound I hissed and jumped back, only to be startled by the rude laughter of two obnoxious boys.

I went to tell them to go take a flying leap as they doubled over with laughter, but my eyes caught Taylor's.

Jumping up off the beige couch - just as plain and ordinary as the rest of the house - I grabbed his hand murmuring lowly.

"We need to talk."

Yanking him along we swept past the two assholes as Jason protested half-heartedly. 

"Where you going now?" I ignored him as he tried to reach out, evading his touch.

Slamming the door behind me, I kept walking, keeping up my swift pace. We needed to be alone for this conversation. That and I didn't want to be forced to give a swift kick to Jason's solar plexus.

And trust me - another five minutes with the guy, and it would have happened.

Winding my way down the driveway, I wondered why Taylor was being so quiet... so subservient. I instinctively sensed this wasn't his true nature. Well, except around Jason.

As if in answer to my question, when we reached the end of his driveway, he pulled his hand from mine and gestured which way to go.

"This way," he nodded to the left, "There's a park there that's hardly ever used."

I nodded. A few blocks later we still weren't there and I was getting impatient. Checking around us, no one was in sight and so I decided to let loose, springing on him with, "I've seen you before."

He shoved his hands deeper into his pockets, letting out a mirthless laugh.

"Of course you have! I'm Taylor, the one you kissed to get back at your cheating boyfriend. Excuse me-" he cut in before I could say anything, "-ex boyfriend."

"That wasn't what I meant," I said quietly, ignoring his accusation. What else could I do? He was entirely right. I did kiss him for that reason... only I found out later that when I kissed him, there was not a thought in my head about Ryan, the cheating bastard.

It was only me - and him.

"We've met before, haven't we?" I asked lightly. I knew it - I remembered it. But for some reason he hadn't told me. I didn't know why, but whatever it was scared him. And I didn't want to scare him off before he told me.