1 into the storm

It's been a month since Kia died. We have been sitting in this stupid cabin waiting for them to come back. Aisha, Ivy, and Abbye left to find a town to get food a couple days ago. I sit in my room like every other day. I don't want to ever leave it. They all treat me like I'm a fragile baby. Like I'll break if they look at me wrong. I collapse back onto my cot. I hate this cabin. I feel hollow. I can hear Lake Michigan crash outside. I curl up into a ball. Squeezing my eyes shut. I can't fall asleep. I'll dream. I usually busy myself on watching movies. Currently playing: I really have no idea. It was next to the tv. Luckily the old couple who own this cabin are gone for the season. I sigh, sitting up. I hear voices outside my door.

"Should we--?" Colby.

"No, she's definitely awake. And definitely not wanting to talk to anyone. Just leave her alone." Evan.

"Please. Come in." I roll my eyes. The door opens, revealing two awkward boys.

"Hey...Kayla. Uh... They're back and I thought you'd want to know... Are-are yo-you hungry?" Evan, set his hand on the door.

"Okay." I stare at the crumpled picture in my hand. Kia is beaming, a plume of fire on his finger. I'm leaning against him, my hair static-ky, my eyes filled with happiness.

"Uh, so we'll leave you." Cobalt closed the door softly. I crumple the picture more, shoving it against my chest. I can't cry anymore. My heart is dead. Fia is having a hard time as well. That was her brother. I'm done grieving. I need to get up, kill Liji. Yet I can't. I need to get over him. Yet I just... Can't. I hate that I can't. I open my mouth and no words fall out. Instead I stare at the bumpy popcorn look of the ceiling.

"Is she--?" I can hear Ivy outside my door.

"Yes. She may let you talk to her." Evan says. I can practically hear the eye roll. The door creaks open and clicks shut. I stare at the ceiling.

"Hello." Ivy says in her foreign accent. "I know you don't want to talk or anything. But do you want a sandwich?"

"A sandwich? Seriously, Ivy?"

"Heh... Sorry I just don't really know what to say... But I'll bring you a sandwich." She closes the door behind her. Even Ivy, one of my best friends doesn't understand. A tear slides down my cheek, as I close my burning eyes, and yawn. Eventually I drift off to sleep.

I am running, my feet pound on the cement.

"KAYLA!" I hear someone scream. Kia. I run faster and harder than ever before. Then I see him. Liji is sneaking up behind him with a gun.

"Ki-Kia! Turn around!" But he walks right past me, and Liji shoots.

"Kayla, Kayla, Kayla. Lake Michigan huh? I'm on my way. For you." He smirks. Kia is lying on the ground in a pool of blood, screaming my name.

I sit up, gasping. Evan is shaking me, screaming my name in my ear.

"Ow! Evan!"

"You were screaming bloody murder... Like when--" his voice cut. I narrow my eyes.

"I'm sick of you treating me like a fragile little girl! I can take whatever you say! I'm not some baby! Just because....died doesn't mean I can't be strong!" I can't say his name. My breath hitches every time. I take a shuddery breath and stand up, leaning against Evan.

"Kayla..." He tucks a price of hair behind my ear. I sigh into his chest. He rests his chin on my head. Personally, I don't understand why people do that. It's kind of painful to have someone's bony chin on your scalp. But that's just me.

"Evan..." I echo back, pulling away, flopping onto my cot.

"Look what I found!" He shoves a dvd case in my face.

"Shut up! No way! Star Wars episode eight?!" I bounce excitedly. I wanted to see it ever since it hit theaters but I never had the time. I used to love Star Wars when I was a little girl.

"Let's watch it!"

"Ok!" I get up, sticking the dvd in the player.

After a while I start to doze off.....

"Kayla. How are you?" My mother sits next to me.

"Mom?!"

"We don't have much time. Liji is coming for you. Run."

I awaken just as Rey and Han are having a 'wow I can drive a ship!' Moment.

"Did you fall asleep?" Evan asked, not taking his eyes away from the screen. A bowl of popcorn on his lap, half eaten. I take a handful.

"Yup. What did I miss?"

"Not much. I paused it to get popcorn, a few things happened but yeah."

"Wait....THAT'S HAN SOLO?! In THIS movie?!" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know. It doesn't fit!-" he launches into an erratic story about time travel and a bunch of other stuff. He's such a nerd. Despite being one of the most popular guy in school, he read a lot of Star Wars books. Nerd. I blank out, shoving a hand full of popcorn into my mouth.

"Kayla...?"

"Evan?"

"Are you alright..?" I don't need to answer. He tilts my chin upwards and brings his lips to mine. No. This is all wrong. Suddenly his cold fingers turn to hot ones... His brown messy mop of hair turns to long choppy red hair. My breath hitches. I pull away. "You look like you've seen a ghost... I'm sorry. I shouldn't of kissed you,"

"No it's okay," I finally look away and when I look back it's just Evan starring at me with his big eyes full of worry.

Hey guys! So yep! Book 2! Just as school is here X3 sorry for my bad timing... I've had a lot of drama and complicated things happen this summer... But I'm back on Wattpad now =3 and I'd like to announce something! I'm pregnant!!! JKJKJK!!! I'm not pregnant...

I've made up a challenge. I don't know if this is an original thing or not but I'll probably make a book on it announcing the rules and stuff! :3

Stay tuned for the next chapter~

\(•_•)/ notice me Senpai.....

~M