4 Next

"K-Kia?" I felt my throat dry.

"Kayla," he says stiffly, nodding. Tears well up in my eyes. Everyone stares.

"I told you!" Lilly stomps out,"We can trust them..."

"You're dead," Evan says.

"Hah, funny thing, Evan. I'm not anymore. Can I come in?" He shuffles in and collapses on the couch. The black haired girl sits next to him.

"Need more?" She asks, her tone soft.

"Yes, Rae," he winces. She places a hand on him and her cheeks flush and her hand glows red. She closes her eyes and Kia's veins visually bulge and his skin turns a peach color rather than the pale it was.

"Blood?" Lilly is sitting next to them now.

"Yes," she says simply, her tone hard and guarded.

"I can read your thoughts you know, I have virtually every power of the Elementions. I can bring people back without filling up their blood all the time. But I don't. It would kill me. This much power weakens my body. Soon there'll be nothing left of me. Soon, it will be the end," she says in a voice much more mature than a little girl.

"So, you're all old friends of Kia?" The little girl with the silvery hair pipes up for the first time.

"Yes," Colby says. Then his eyes widen. "Air?"

"Wind, I see you're a mutt just like Rae."

"Mock it all you want I gave you life, Aria."

"And I function without your blood now, thank you very much," She rolls her eyes. For the first time I notice the little pale freckles that dot her face.

"We thought you guys were Liji," Ivy breathes.

"Why'd we be him?" Rae glares.

"We saw a camera," Lilly says, then a curious look spreads across her face, "it wasn't them."

"Then who?" Abbye cocks his head.

"Them," I say all eyes snap to me. "They're coming."

"Then let's go," Kia says, a look of determination greets his features.

"Wait, who are these people and why are you here?!" I stand up, words falling out of my mouth. I can't believe him. My heart is shattered.

"This is Rae and Ari-ahem-Aria. Rae can give parts of her blood to us. Eventually we won't need it. Until then, we function on it." He says.

"Great you're a vampire now!" I throw my arms up exasperated.

"Actually, we still have to eat," he says pointedly.

"Why didn't you come sooner?!" I felt my eyes sting.

"Because one, we didn't know where you were...until we heard about irregular storms appearing and disappearing without a trace on the weather radars. We knew it was you," Kia's signature crooked grin pulls at his lips. I want to slap and kiss him at the same time. "I missed you guys."

"We missed you too, Kia," Ivy says for everyone. We all nod and murmur and agreement except Evan and I.

"So, let's go! Bloody Mary and Demon Child can stay here, we leave, win-win!" I say, desperately wanting to talk to Kia alone. 

"Kay, I can't live without Rae for a while... I need the blood," He says.

"No, we have Lilly," I argue stubbornly.

"Not if you want me dead you don't," she crosses her arms.

"Look, there's already enough of us we-"

"Kia?!" Fia's voice whimpers from the hallway. She was in her room the whole time.

"Fia!" They embraced.

"You're dead!" She pulls apart abruptly.

"It's Rae! She saved me!" He motioned to Miss Terror in the corner. Her expression is bored and slightly annoyed.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you!" Fia had her arms wrapped around her and Bloodbath just stood there with a slightly disgusted expression.

"Leave her alone!" The Brat shouted. Fia let go of her.

"Guys..." Aisha growls. Suddenly the wind picks up. Instinctively we all glance to Colby. He shrugs.

"Not me," is all he says. Suddenly the wind is so loud the shack seems to scream, swaying.

"Hurry!" I shout, leading them out into the storm.

More tomorrow :)

~M