Chapter Thirteen: What's True?

"He does not know the whole truth." Ciran said.

I blinked fast. 

"What do you mean D- Ciran?" I asked.

"I mean, he's right but there was an impostor."

I gave him a puzzled look. So did Aidan, Kyle and Kyra. By the looks of things, Jack and James understood. And the leader looked as if he was thinking back to that time.

Our dad sighed. 

"By that, I mean that what Evan said was true, he was indeed at a meeting for the month. I figured out, later on, that I was called by a faker. And so was the rest of my team. How this person hacked H.Q.'s security system is beyond me but I think whoever they were, had inside help."

I thought for a second.

"That does make sense but..." I trailed off.

"But what?" Aidan questioned.

"But if it's true, who would set you up?" 

I wonder if it's the same person who targeted Max when we were fifteen. Or even if they are allied or something. {This dates back to the first few chapters of Alecxis' Life.}

"I don't know." Ciran replied.

"So you are saying that someone hacked headquarter's computers, contacted you and your team, faked being me and sent you on a fake mission?" the leader asked.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

~~~~

Ok, so after about an hour and a half of discussing, we were finally dismissed. Our dad was escorted to a room, which wasn't a jail cell. James and Jack were the ones to do so. Myself and Aidan went back to our houses, while Kyra and Kyle went over to meet up with Niav and Glen.

"Mom!" Maria was outside the house.

"Hey Maria." I greeted my daughter.

"Where were you?" Maria asked.

"Family business. But I won't be going on anymore long term missions for a while now." I told her.

"Great!"

"Where's your brothers and father?"

"Sky and Leo are in the yard with Ember and dad is in the kitchen talking to someone." she answered.

"Thanks. Are you going somewhere?" I questioned. Maria was in a dress and had make up on.

"Yep. I'm going out with Ryder."

"Really? Well, ok. Be careful." 

"Wh- Oh... Ok."

I warned her becuase she tends to let her powers go out of control if she gets too... If she lets her emotions get the better of her.

~~~~

"So, you are saying that you are going away. Again?" Max asked, sighing.

I looked down.

"Yeah.. I need to find out the truth. I mean, about what happened back then and if what dad says true, we need to track down the impostor." I said.

"I know. I know. It's just you've been gone for a while and the kids want to go on a family day out or something like that."

"I'm really sorry Max. I honestly am. I just.."

"It's fine. I understand and I'm not going to stop you. I'm not selfish you know."

"I know." I smiled. "Well, I have another five days before I gotta go so why don't we do something ourselves?"

"Like what?" Max questioned.