Chapter Twenty Nine: Dragons

~~~~

I had just finished the task that Jack had given me and was in Aidan's office. I had just told him what I had found out about Vallasidhe.

"Ok. First things first, I was informed that James told you about having human blood in you. Are you ok to work after being told that?" Aidan asked.

"Umm.. Yes? And do you mind not talking like a news reporter?" I questioned.

"Sorry. But seriously, are you ok with knowing that?"

"Yeah. I guess. It's not like I can do anything about it now. And anyway, I have many different things in my blood. You know, venoms and toxins and what not." I said.

"Alright. Moving from that then, do you want to come with me to Vallasidhe?"

"Yes. But why are you going there now?"

"I want to see if I can pick up on any trails. I still can't shake the feeling that someone or something was watching us back then."

"Maybe it was Ryan or a spy for him." I suggested.

"Maybe. But I'd still like to know."

I nodded.

"Let's go then." I stood up.

We teleported to the portal hall and opened a portal gate to Vallasidhe, Terra.

"On three." Aidan said. "One-"

"THREE!" I exclaimed loudly, jumped through the portal.

When Aidan finally came through, he sighed.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Because you always say 'On three.'"

"Whatever. Come on."

"Whatever. Come on." I mimicked.

Aidan glared at me but I just shrugged.

We walked past the ruins of buildings and homes.

"This place is a wreck." I said.

"Yep. It's  also a ghost town, home to some of the most vicious ghosts." Aidan told me.

"Vicious ghosts? Oh come on! How are we supposed to fight ghosts, Aidan? My attacks only really work on physical bodies and things."

"Relax. I have something to deal with ghosts."

"Oh so now we're Ghostbusters?"

"No. We're ghost killers."

"Brilliant. So, I have to rely on you to kill the ghosts. You couldn't have shared this information with me BEFORE we left H.Q.?"

"You didn't ask."

"Ugh. Do you really expect me to hide behind you?"

"No. I don't. I expect you fight normally." Aidan replied, glancing about.

"How am I supposed to do that? Become a ghost by stabbing myself with a steel blade through my heart?"

"No. God, try and think, Alecxis. Scientists in H.Q. have devised something to help when dealing with ghosts."

"What?"

"It exposes ghosts from their hiding places and MAKES them solid."

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know. It just is. Remember, we are in a magic filled world where basically anything is possible."

"Ok ok ok. Just use the thing then. I think a ghost is breathing down my neck." I teleported in front of Aidan.