Chapter Twenty One: Mel Powers

"Dad's losing it." Aidan whispered to me.

"Really? I didn't realize." I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong with Dad?" Kyle and Kyra asked.

"He doesn't know what to say, seeing Mom like this." Aidan replied.

"Dad!" I called. "Remind Mom of her.. Umm.. Life before." I didn't know what else to call it. 

Mom seemed to have forgotten us and she seems happy here. In a way, it hurts to see her like this.

Dad nodded.

He started to recall memories, some of which I didn't remember because I wasn't born at the time. Most included at least one of us, except Kyra because.. Well, Kyra was born when Mom disappeared.

Mom didn't seem to remember any of these.

Dad finally gave up. 

"I can't watch this anymore." Jack said.

"Mmm. Should we do something? We do have Memory Magic at our disposal." I suggested.

"No. We have to remind Mom without magic." James told  me.

"Why?" Kyle asked.

The six of us basically had our own conversation while around fifty people, with magic glowing from their finger tips, surrounded us.

"Dad never shows his emotions like this. I'm worried now." Jack glanced at Dad.

"Mmmm..." I mumbled.

"How is Mom going to remember?" Aidan questioned.

I didn't notice Dad walking over to us as I was deep in thought.

"Kids, I don't know what else to do. Without magic, reminding someone of who they were is near impossible." Dad sighed.

I saw Mom watching us.

"Will showing her something from the past work?" I asked out of the blue.

"I'm not sure. Why?" Dad answered.

"Because I still have the locket you and Mom gave me when I was born. You know, the one with the Titan's Gem." I explained.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Alecxis never takes it off." Aidan stepped in.

"It that the rainbow colored necklace you always wear?" Kyra asked.

I nodded.

"Try it." Dad encouraged. "Right now, any idea is welcomed."

I took off my locket and stepped out of our little circle.

"Mo- Mel." I started.

I realized that calling her Mom might raise unwanted attention, not that it would matter since the entire town is probably surrounding us.

"Do you remember when you and Dad gave me this locket?" I held it in outstretch hands, showing the family crest that was engraved into the front of it.

Mom stepped forward and gently took it from me. I was surprised that she didn't try to kill me as most people do.

I hope this works.

You're not the only one. Aidan said, using telekinesis

I kept my eyes on Mom as she opened the locket. 

That proves that she is Mom. James confirmed.

He said this because only someone who is part of the Powers family can open the locket without being blasted with a thin beam of magic power.