Chapter 3

**MAX POV**

After I called for the ambulance, I laid Ella on the porch swing and made my way back inside. Finding the hookup for the music I cut the electricity to make it stop. Not wanting them to know the truth for fear of Ella's reputation, I made up a lie.

"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY LISTEN UP! I just received word that cops have been called by the neighbors, so everyone needs to leave now out the back, unless your ass feels like spending the next week out in the county jail."

Once everybody left out, I made my way back to Ella and held her as I waited for the ambulance. As soon as the ambulance arrived, they asked me a few questions before taking her to the hospital. I picked up her phone and was able to get into her contacts. Deciding to call the most important first, I dialed her sister Melody and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello. Ella? Why are you calling me from your room?" a groggy voice answered.

"Melody. It's not Ella, it's Max. Ella collapsed and was taken to the hospital by the ambulance. I'm being driven there now."

"What! She was in her room! Where was she when this happened? What hospital is she going to be at?" Melody shrieked into the phone.

"Don't be mad, but she was at a party. I was trying to get her to slow down on the drinking, she started screaming at me and then collapsed. The ambulance is taking her to Beaumont in Royal Oak."

"I'm on my way there. Am I the first person you called in her phone Max?" Melody asked through tears.

"Yeah. I was going to try and call Sebastian's mother too. Should I try calling Sebastian or will he even answer?"

"It's late, but he may. Call him first and if there is no answer then call his mother. This is something that even though he shouldn't have to know, he does need to at least be informed."

"Okay. I'll do it and I'll see you when you get to the hospital." Max hung up with Ella's sister Melody then tried to call her brother Sebastian. When it went to voicemail, he shook his head and left a message saying to call Melody as soon as possible. Making once last phone call, Max called the mother of Ella's brother.

"Ella? Is everything okay? You're calling pretty late," the warm motherly voice on the other end asked.

"Actually, this is Ella's best friend, Max. I'm calling I tried to reach Sebastian but there was no answer," Max explained.

"Is everything okay Max? Why do you have Ella's phone?" the woman worriedly asked.

"No. Ella collapsed is in the hospital. I just got to the hospital and haven't heard the latest update yet."

"Oh god. Let Melody know that I'm going to try and reach Sebastian and will be on the first flight out. If there are any updates, please either call or text them to me," she told the young man.

"I will. I'll give you my number since Ella's looks like it's about to run out of battery." After Max hung up he ran out the car, and up to the desk of the hospital's emergency room.

"Can I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"I need to know where Ella McDonnell is. She was brought in by ambulance."

"Only immediate family right now."

"I'm her brother. Our other siblings and family is on their way up."

"She's still in the ER Trauma Wing. I'll have someone bring you to the waiting room." Max nodded, was given a visitor's badge, and led to the waiting room. Max kept his eyes trained on the door watching for any doctor, nurse or family member of Ella's. 

**A/N- So I'm trying to make these look decent. The mentioned hospital and city is real. I'm not sure who I want to use as a face claim for Max yet, so the images used are just solely for the emotional state. So please read, review, , and share. I'd love to hear any ideas or constructive criticisms on this story :)**