Chapter 1

Scourge stood on the rock in the so-called ''FourTrees'' and stared down coldly at all the cats that stood below him. He could see the unmoving bodies of dead cats, the victorious glares of his clan, and the pitiful, terrified eyes of the weak, defeated forest cats.

"BloodClan has won! Forest cats, this is your choice. Surrender to our clan or die!" he caterwauled, but no cat moved. Flicking his tail impatiently Scourge added," Stand behind me if you wish to join and if you do not wish to join us speak out now!" 

All the cats paused for a moment, except his cats who immediately bounded behind the rock. The forest cats then started to move. Scourge narrowed his eyes as he saw a grey she-cat moving diagonally across the crowd. He flicked his tail and soon three of his cats had advanced forward. Before he could say anything the she-cat reached the edge of the crowd and made a run for the bushes. 

"Kill her!" he yowled. The three cats who had been following the she-cat broke into a run and raced after her. Four other cats joined the chase. A grey long furred tom stared in astonishment, eyes shaded with fear. 

"Cinderpelt, no!" he yowled. Scourge signalled for some of his cats to keep an eye on the tom in case he too made a break for it. 

"Hush Greystripe, or you will be killed too," a golden she-cat mewed, though her voice shook. Scourge spat in disgust as he listened to their weak and sorrowful voices. The bushes then rustled. His cats returned and were dragging with them, the dead body of the she-cat Cinderpelt. A few forest cats yowled mournfully, but then cut their voices short as BloodClan cats turned their glare on them, so instead they just stared with horrified eyes. Scourge leapt down from the rock and went over to Cinderpelt's lifeless, scratched up body. He pressed one paw against her side and glared at the other cats. 

"This cat tried to escape what she caused and just look at where that got her. This is what happens when you try to stand up to BloodClan, this is what happens when you mess with order, and this is what will happen to any other cats who betray me, so get behind the rock before I slaughter the rest of you!" Scourge spat, his voice gradually getting louder and more angry. The forest cats ran over to stand behind the rock with the rest of his cats. BloodClan warriors forced them to the centre, making escape an impossibility. Scourge looked around at the many dead bodies that lay in the clearing and then at the cats that still stood by Cinderpelt. 

"Dispose of these bodies. I want you to bury any BloodClan warriors but leave the other bodies in a bush to rot or something. It's not like I care," Scourge ordered and went over to his cats. 

"Greystripe!" Scourge shouted, "Show us to your camp." Greystripe came forward his yellow eyes full of fear. He was the only living forest cat whose name he knew so he would be the one to lead the way. He led the BloodClan cats down a ravine and into a clearing. 

"That rock is where the leader would stay..." Greystripe gestured to a tall rock with a cave sheltered by a sheet of lichen, his voice still shaken. Scourge was satisfied with this new home. He leapt upon the rock. 

"Snake! Come forward!" he growled. Snake, a lithe, battle-scarred black tom with a white chest and paws came up to him. His collar was purple and studded with cat and dog teeth alike. 

"Snake, I am going to make you the new deputy of BloodClan. Will you be capable of leading this clan when I die and keeping us strong, or have I chosen the completely wrong cat? " Scourge asked. 

"I assure you Scourge, that I will be highly capable of leading BloodClan. You can trust me with this clan" Snake promised, eyes dark. Scourge nodded. 

"Then I announce Snake as the new BloodClan deputy!" Scourge yowled. His cats cheered and Snake acknowledged them with a nod before rejoining the crowd. 

"This, my clanmates is going to be the new BloodClan camp so make your nests quickly then you must either hunt or train the forest cats the brutality of our clan," Scourge ordered. As cats started to move Scourge jumped off the rock and went to his new den. The floor was sandy and the lichen blocked the wind but it stank of forest cat. Scourge tried to ignore the stench and curled up for a well-earned nap.