We Meet

TRIGGER WARNING!!

This story will include a lot of emotional parts and it'll have intense sadness at some times.

Also there will be parts with violence, not very detailed but it might be triggering

Bear in mind that the main character is an orphaned child and there will be mafia organizations mentioned.

It was burning. My feet were burning. I was asking strangers for money. As usual.

A man came. He must be very popular, I thought. Because he had a lot of people with him. They were big men. But he wasn't big. I think they were his big brothers.

The man approached me. His brothers were standing behind him. They didn't talk much. Maybe they were shy. I wasn't shy. The boss told me not to be so. If I was shy, I wouldn't get money. The boss would yell at me. I wouldn't eat either. Because I would be a bad person. The boss would call me a bad person. I shouldn't be shy and ask for money, I thought. Because they were many people. They were big too. Big people make more money. The boss gets all of our money. They say that's because he's big.

"Sir" I said to him. "I need money for living! Please!!!"

His brothers tried to shoo me. They didn't want him to give me money. Because he was small. It means he had less money.

"Please sir" I said.

"I know he doesn't have much money" I pointed to the small man.

"But you have more money. You are bigger. Can you help me?"

They shooed me further. They were so harsh. They were like the boss' brothers. And the boss himself too.

The small man stopped his brothers. He walked to me.

"Why do you need money, little girl?"

"Because boss needs money. He's big that's why." I looked at my feet. I was shy now. The boss was gonna be mad.

The small man's brothers found me funny. But he didn't. He got sad. Maybe they were going to hit him. That's what boss does. But he finds me funny after he hits me. Not before. Maybe they do it differently.

He held my hand. His hands were big. He wasn't so small after all. I was smaller. His boss liked him probably. But he liked his brothers more. They were bigger. Means they brought more money.

He cried. Was he scared of his boss?

"Sir, are you scared?"

He kneeled to be at my height. Maybe he wanted to be small. Why would he want less money?

He was nice to me. I didn't want him to cry. I put my hand on his cheek. I wiped the water from his face.

"Your brothers will protect you, sir. Don't be afraid. Your boss can't hit you."

He cried more. Why was he so scared?

"What's your name little lady?" He sniffed.

"Rosie" I said.

He leaned to my ear. Was he gonna tell me a secret? I backed off. I didn't know his name. I wouldn't talk to a stranger.

"I can't talk to you sir. I can only want money."

"Why's that?"

"Cause I don't know your name."

"My name's Liam ma'am"

I shook my head. A cool name it was.

"You can tell me your secret now. I will keep it."

He leaned to my ear again. He smelt like ice cream with gum. It was called "mint" . It's a funny word. But don't laugh at me. I didn't make this word.

"I will see you here tomorrow. Before the sun goes down."

"Will your brothers come?"

"Who?"

I pointed to the big men. He didn't know his brothers.

He smiled. He said they will protect us. I hoped so. They looked like my boss and his brothers. They never protected me.

"Okay" I shook my head.

"But will I have some money now?"

He found me funny. And gave me a lot of money. I think he likes to laugh. He waved me. They went to a black car. It looks like my boss' car.

Maybe Liam had no friends. He wanted to be my friend. I had friends. Maybe he can meet them.

I waited for the boss' brothers

I feel so insecure about my writing but I hope you guys liked it, please leave comments and if you enjoyed this chapter, please rate it, thank you