six

"Hello, I'm Tony Stark, your Quinn I presume?"

I stare at the man in wonder. Tony Stark.

"Son of a bitch."

He smiles charmingly, "I know, I tend to have that effect on women."

He steps closer and reaches his hand out to me. I shake it and he smiles. I smile back.

He walks back out into the hallway and motions for me to come with him. I don't say anything, he doesn't say anything, he just leads me to an office room and sits himself in a chair.

"Now, I assume that your confused?"

I sit in the chair opposite him and nod.

"Well by all means, ask away."

There are so many questions, I don't know where to start.

"How did I get here?"

"Well, after you blacked out, my friend, Steve, took you to the nearest hospital and got you fixed up. Then, he told me about the situation and we flew you over to the U.S. and now you're here." He adds with a cheeky smile.

"Alright, what happened to the other man?"

"What other man."

"The one in the black suit."

"Oh." He pauses, thinking, "Don't worry about him."

I wait for more, staring blankly.

Then, "Okay fine, answer me this, why is that man with the metal arm here? He tried to kill me you know."

He rubs the back of his neck nervously, "Well, that's a bit difficult. You see, he's kinda my best mate's best mate. But I didn't even want him here, but then–"

I hold up my hands, "Okay, okay, never mind. Not sure I even want to know where that one's going."

He smiles guiltily.

"Another question, why do I have to be your personal assistant?"

"Because I need one, I thought that was obvious?"

I roll my eyes.

He looks up and says, "So, any more questions?"

"Yeah, a–"

"Ok, well now that that's done let's talk about your new job." He claps his hands together and smiles yet again. "As you already know, you are my new personal assistant. That means you will mostly be assisting me with things, obviously, and answering phone calls for me and scheduling meetings, things like that. Are you good with that?"

"Yes, I just need to contact my other job and-"

"Don't worry about it, I've already taken care of that," He interrupts.

"Oh, ok great. When do I start?"

"As soon as possible. I think these days the kids are saying, ASAP."

"Alright," I say.

"I'm just a bit behind on a few things."

"Ok then. Well, it was nice to meet you Mr. Stark."

"Likewise."

I stand up and shake his hand once more before heading out the door.

On my way back to my room, I find myself lost. I open doors along each hallway, and each one looks the same as the one before.

About halfway along the 12th hallway however, I hear a distinct snoring sound coming from one of the rooms. I press my ear to the door.

"Yikes, someone needs some nasal strips."

I push open the door and find myself staring at a half naked man on a king size bed. He took up most of the space and he slept on his side. The snoring was even louder from inside the room.

I noticed something round in the corner of the room, propped up against the wardrobe door. On closer inspection, I saw it was a large, red, white and blue . . . shield?

I closed the door quickly and closed my eyes, wanting to erase the image of it all.

"Damn, what is Stark harboring in this tower?"