fifteen

Clutching what looks like a red book in his hands, Zemo starts to laugh darkly.

"Well done! Very well done Miss James! So your not useless after all, you've finally brought him to me."

I glare at him and move closer to Bucky, if that was at all possible.

"Go die in a hole you filthy son of a bitch!"

Zemo chuckles again and steps forward towards me and I feel Bucky tense. Zemo raises his hand to strike me but Bucky with his wonderful reflexes stops his hand just before it comes into contact with my face.

Zemo wrenches his arm out of Bucky's grip and opens his strange red book. Bucky becomes stoic when he sees the book and curses under his breath.

"Quinn, get out of here, now."

"No! What's he gonna do? Read us to death?"

Zemo flips through the book and that's when I realize what it is. Bucky told me about it once. "It controls me," he had said but I didn't understand at the time.

Zemo starts to read random words out of the book.

"Longing, rusted, seventeen, daybreak.."

Bucky squeezes his eyes closed and yells, "No!"

I decide to make a bold move. I stomp over to Zemo and sock him in the face. He instantly stops reading the words and I take that chance to give him a hard kick to the crotch. He groans and doubles over.

I then walk back over to Bucky and grab his face in my hands and press my lips to his. He's taken aback at first but soon relaxes and kisses back.

I break away all too soon and touch our foreheads together.

"You didn't think I was just going to let you go did you?" I say softly.

His face holds a shocked look and he's speechless.

Bucky pulls away and walks to Zemo, who is still doubled over and punches him with his metal arm, knocking him out cold while at the same time breaking his nose and cheekbone.

I crouch down and pick up the red book and notice the shape of a star on the front cover, identical to the star on Bucky's metal arm.

I smile inwardly and say, "When we get home, I'm burning this."