Chapter 17

I wake up in a daze. Katniss is next to me, still sleeping. Its about dawn, and I figure we need breakfast.

There were a few water birds I saw, so I find a nest a few trees away and pluck a few. I'm back at the tree when a cannon goes off. Katniss startles awake.

"Who do you think that was?" I can tell she's worrying about someone.

"I don't know. It could have been any of the others," I say. "I guess we'll know tonight."

We talk about who died and Katniss notices the eggs.

"What s in your hands?"

"Breakfast."

I hand her an egg and we slurp out the inside, and eat a rabbit leg and berries.

"Ready to do it?" Katniss asks.

"Do what?"

"Today we take out the Careers food."

"Really? How?"

"No idea. Come on, we'll figure out a plan while we hunt."

She squeezes every last bit about the Careers base camp out of me. By lunch, we know each other well and have a plan.

He convinces me to take a sleeping bag, and I teach her my simple four note tune.

"It might not work. But if you here the mockingjays singing it, you'll know I'm okay, only I can't get back right away."

I throw my arms around Katniss. She hugs back and says "You be careful."

"You too." She turns around and we both walk away.

Okay that was longer, I'm also my thinking of writing a book on magic stuff, kind of like Harry Potter. Let me know what you think of the book idea and this story in the comments!