Denying The Truth

Jaejoong jad to leave his jail early in the morning because of the court. He could not even finish his second sweet dream about his family. He then walked out from the prison building with hands both locked and encountered the person who told the word trust at him, Jung Yunho.

Yunho smiled as he saw Jaejoong approached him, being guarded by two polices at both if his sides. Yunho told them to leave Jaejoong with him. "So, Jae. Let's go." he said and brought Jaejoong inside his van.

30 minutes of journey to the court...

Yunho parked the van under the garage, side to side with the other cars. Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was sitting like a mannequin at the passenger seat beside him. Jaejoong never talked to him during the journey though. Yunho smiled.

"Hey, Jae." Yunho said as he unfastened his seat belt and turned his body to Jaejoong who had this startled expression on his bare face. "There are too many people outside and you have to wear this mask so that no one could recognise you."
Jaejoong didn't know how to react when Yunho handed him a black mask that could cover his nose and mouth. Jaejoong just nodded and took the mask from Yunho's grasp. As he was told, Jaejoong covered his nose and mouth with the mask and unfastened his seat belt. Yunho sighed and got out from the van, followed by Jaejoong at the other side of the van.

Lights were here and there, noisy voices attacking questions could be heard by both ears, people shouted 'Loser, Boo, Get lost, Jerk, Stupid, Idiot' were all aimed toward Jaejoong and it was totally obvious that everyone thought that Jaejoong was the killer and some of them wanted to get the mask of his face and captured some pictures of him with their cameras. Jaejoong just had to lower down his face like the other criminals often did while Yunho at the other side was trying to push people away from his way and at the same time tried to protect Jaejoong incase if someone would hurt him.
"Come here, follow me." Yunho whispered and grabbed Jaejoong's hand.
Jaejoong was startled, too many things were flying inside his mind and his legs only knew to follow the large steps where Yunho was going to. At last, they managed to escape from the crowd and no more cameras.

Yunho stood against the wall and looked very exhausted, "Shit, those people are crazy." he pissed off.
Jaejoong just chuckled lowly, "Thanks for your help, Yunho." he said almost in a whispering manner.
"No, I really did that sincerely. I really want to help and protect you. That's it."
"And again, thank you."
"Don't you know anything?"
"What?"
"Like, how I feel?"
"I am clueless."
"Just screw that.
Yunho made Jaejoong speechless about the question. Yunho looked at the building behind him and sighed, he looked at Jaejoong with a sympathy expression and without an early warning, he placed his hands on both of Jaejoong's shoulders. Jaejoong had this sudden jump just like when you were busy searching a book in a box when suddenly a spider jumped out. Jaejoong's eyes met with Yunho's eyes that were sparkling as they reflected the rays of the bright sun. Jaejoong could read a sense of worried on Yunho's orbs.
"Jae, please. I still want you to stay here with me. Really. I really trust you, okay? You have to deny everything later. Just say that you are not guilty, I will help you there. I will be at your side, forever. Trust me as I trust you." Yunho pleaded desperately.
Jaejoong was frozen, this was truly the first time he heard that someone told that he trusted him, like, it was a miracle. Probably it was time for Jaejoong to be freed from the suffering though. But, being innocent was his only obstacle.
"Oh, okay." Jaejoong at last replied.
With that, Yunho and Jaejoong started to walk inside the court building.

- 45 minutes later...

"With that, my client Kim Jaejoong is not guilty at all." Yunho said as he finished his saying in front of the judger.
Jaejoong who was sitting on the seat behind a desk that was located behind Yunho was just staring down at the floor, knowing that he would still be stated as guilty. Or, he would say it himself. Why? Because he was too innocent.
The judger just nodded to himself, as if he was talking with another person inside his mind using telepathy. Yunho tried to maintain his face expression else he would lose this case, and also Jaejoong.

Then, "Is that true, Kim Jaejoong?" the judger asked with a serious tone of voice.
Lie, lying, Jaejoong didn't like those things. He never liked lies, he was too innocent to do such things. He had forechosen to be honest, albeit it would lead to something negative instead of a better one. You know by what I mean here? Jaejoong is not going to lie and, it is obvious. And one more thing, Jaejoong would lie at the situation when he thought that everyone would be happy if he lied, that he would sacrifice himself for the one he loved, for everyone that even hated him. You know the meaning of this, right?
"No, Your Excellency. I prefer being honest with everything. Yes, like everyone thinks, I am the killer of the innocent girl. I really deserve to be punished and I am sure that hell awaits me." Jaejoong replied with a non-stopping voice, as if he had memorised everything so well.
Yunho at the front had this expression when you were glad to see a spider and went to a rage mode when it was gone. Yunho quickly turned his body back to Jaejoong amd slammed both of his fists on the table.
"Why the fuck you say that?!" he at last exploded.
"Even if I tell the truth, no one is going to believe me." Jaejoong objected calmly.
Yunho sighed and frowned, "But-"
"Enough." the judger at last interrupted and he managed to calm the situation down just in one strike.
Yunho turned back to the judger and sighed, "I-I am going to explain everything, Your Excellency." he explained.
"Unfortunately, I have decided the truth of the case." the judger fought. "I have decided it, no more and no less. I am going to determine it right now."
Yunho gulped but Jaejoong at the back was calmly accepting everything, like what he predicted would surely happen.

And it would.

The sound of the wooden hammer knocked on the table thirce sent a sudden thrill to everyone's spines and the judger received the whole attentions from the audiences.
The judger sighed secretly and looked at the person in front of him, Jung Yunho. "To be fair with everyone, there is no exception. Not even when our Jaejoong here is innocent, it gives no help at all. With the witnesses today, therefore, I will imply that Kim Jaejoong here is proven as guilty and the execution will be happening tomorrow. Dismiss." and this hit Yunho straight at the heart.
People were cheering, how happy they were to hear that at last had to be executed. With pure shining tears rolled down from both of his watery eyes, Jaejoong managed to smile, a very sincere one. His tears showed how sad himself would be but, that was all just a fake. Deep inside his heart, he was happy, satisfied that at last someone would be happy because of him, how excited he was to wait for his death. No one was wanting his to go back to the real world, no one missed nor loved him anymore, and that was totally perfect for Jaejoong to just go to the afterlife world and rest in peace. But, he forgot about Yunho.

At outside if the court building, Yunho was walking with hands on the pockets of his dark blue jeans and head lowered down. Behind him, just two steps away was Jaejoong who was walking with eyes examined Yunho who was in a mental-breakdown state. That case worth a huge amount of money and Yunho could just get it but, because of Jaejoong's sudden lie, Yunho lost the chance to change his life. Or maybe, Yunho was not upset because of that.
"Hey, Yunho. I am sorry." Jaejoong at last apologised after he managed to brave himself.
"Okay." without turning back or stopped from walking, Yunho responded coldly.
"I am sorry that you lose the case."
"I am not upset because of it."
"Then, why are you so sad?"
"Because of you."
Jaejoong blinked as Yunho said the last answer. Like, Jaejoong could not believe the word was coming from Yunho. Why must Yunho be upset because if Jaejoong? Jaejoong wanted to ask such question to Yunho but since Yunho was not in the good mood, Jaejoong didn't want for a fist fight to happen.

Jaejoong just had another idea.

"Hey, Yunho. My execution will start tomorrow, right?" Jaejoong asked, for the first time, in a cheerful voice.
"Yes." Yunho replied coldly.
Jaejoong giggled, "Since it is winter... Yunho, would you play the snow with me tonight?" he asked.
Yunho was surprised with this question and turned his body around and was more shocked to see Jaejoong who was smiling, like an innocent baby he giggled, Yunho saw the true attitude of the innocent Jaejoong. Yunho looked at him, just like that.