Chapter 1

The move to Central City was hard. No mother or father to help me. I, just like everyone else had to move on. And I have, now I work at S.T.A.R. labs. Using what high school biology knowledge I have to help. Felicity has helped me with my hacking skills, which is better. And Oliver helps me with my fighting skills. Seems like everyone is helping someone.

As I walk down the street I cant help but not respond to the constant ring of a fresh text message. I stop on the sidewalk, and slide my white Adidas backpack off my shoulder to reach in to grab my phone. The slide to unlock my phone is such a natural habit that I don't even have to think, before I know it i'm replying and about to click the send button. When I'm snapped back into reality  I find myself

 running after someone in a red-hood.

"Give that back!" I yell at the someone, he doesn't slow down. "Give me back my backpack!" I continue to run after him, and yell at him. "Please! Stop! I wont press charges! Just give me back my backpack and I wont press charges!" He slows down once we are in an ally, he turns back to me still silent and I break the silence by saying as calmly as I can, "Please, just give me my bag back!" I curse under my breath, he whips around and does that ninja looking thing when they bounce on something and jump over what ever is blocking their path in this case a dumpster. I watch as he looks back and smiles then jumps over, disappearing. I look at the dumpster and notice a wallet on the ground and pick it up, I smile as I pick it up. I look inside and to my luck, there is a name and address, I read aloud. "Roy Harper, 5th street apartment 26B. Great, " I laugh not surprised whatsoever. "the ghetto."

I take a breath and knock on the apartment door. I hear rustling and a little bit of hope rises in my heart. I wait as the foot steps come closer to the door. I hear the clicks of the door knob and take a breath, the guy, Roy, cracks the door wide enough for his face to be visible. He looked like a Abrocrombie model.

"What do you want?" He says coldly, and he keeps his glare on me, "I want my bag back." I respond.

Roy takes a breath his chest rising and falling with a steady rhythm, "Just go buy yourself a new one you can afford it." He starts to close the door and I quickly put my hand on the door keeping it open.

 I reply with a whole lot of attitude, "And how exactly would you know that?"

"I'm not dumb. Your wearing diamond earrings and you could afford an Adidas backpack. " He shuts the door. 

I sigh and I sit down against the door, "I'm not leaving till I get my bag back." A smile tugs on my face as footsteps approach the door again, the door opens suddenly. I fall backward and end up looking up at him holding my bag. Remaining on the floor I accuse, "You took my bag, I would like it back, now."

 I get up as he says, "Whatever, here, take it." 

He tosses it at me and I catch it, "Why did you want it anyway?" I asked a question when I knew the answer.

"Because, some of us. Can't afford things like the rich and almighty people like the likes of you. We are forced to do stuff that you would never, ever, dare to do."

 He starts to shut the door and I say, " You don't have to be a criminal." I look into his eyes searching for the good.

He shot back "Yeah, I kinda do." I stand there watching as he shuts the door to his dark criminal cave. And I turn around, I walk down the hallway and start my way down the rusty stairs.