Chapter 8

The world has changed, this city has changed, people have changed, I realize now that so have I. Though I didn't realize until last night, I have changed. I used to be a scared little girl. I have strength, I'm not afraid to be myself anymore. I don't care what the others think of me. I'm free  to be me! And, no one can change me. I will not live in fear that i'm not good enough, that i'm not like the others. I will express myself how I like it! Now that high school is out, I can finally do want I want. My senior year is over, and I finally have freedom, no strings attached to me. Other than my job at Verdant, and the group.

     I like to try help with the group, I just don't feel of any help. Just a side character in a large book. I don't feel that important, I think i might just try to get better. Maybe even I can go out and get hands a little dirty. Run along the streets with Oliver, and Berry. 

    I walk into my closet and pull out a black crop top and my favorite pair of black short shorts and grab my black tattoo choker. I look into the mirror and smile while I hold the outfit to myself I spin in a circle and laugh I ruffle my wavy blonde hair up adding a little volume to it. Putting my clothes on a reach for my skater vans tugging them on while running out the door grabbing my back pack. 

   I run through the hallways, rushing past the maids and the butler bursting out the front door and into my jeep, turning the key and begin my way to Verdant. I smile as I notice that the sun has begun to set.

   Walking from the management office to talk to Oliver, I walk back out into the loud club looking over the rail and smile taking in all the lively energy radiating through the air. I walk down the spiral staircase and around the tables with my black tray picking up the empty glasses. The reason why I haven't quit my job is one Oliver, and two the fun exciting energy that radiates through the walls. My job allows me to also have fun, the spunky music is well fun and I enjoy it a lot. 

    I look up from cleaning a table off and see a recognizable  face searching the crowd, I grin standing straight up. He sees me and makes his way through the dancing crowd and stops in front of me. 

    "That job still open?" His eyes gazing intently into my own, he leans down carefully and sets a finger under my chin bringing it up lightly kissing me.

    "Always" I mutter through the kiss then break away from him, and toss the rag tucked in my shorts at him, "Now clean these tables." He grins and begins to clean off the tables, while I collect the glasses.