Chapter 2

"Where were you?" I look over at Berry and Caitlyn, and respond with a sigh, "Well, I got my bag stolen. Ran after him, found his home and convinced him to give me back my bag." I walk over to the nearest chair and sit down.

     "Who was this guy?" I look over and the same dark face hovers over me like a hawk. "Doesn't matter Ollie."

      He throws his arms out, "Well clearly it does, nobody goes around stealing bags! Epically those of people I care about!" I watch as Oliver reaches for his bow, "I'm fine Ollie." I say getting a little annoyed after a long day.

       "Oliver she's ok. She can handle herself. " Berry adds on, I look around the room, " Where's Dig and Felicity?"

      "I don't know." Gee that helped thanks Oliver. I stand up, "Oliver what is Thea doing tonight?" He looks back over at me, I wait for an answer. "Do you know?" He looks at me then answers, " I don't know. " I shrug as he walks out of the lab, I walk over to Caitlyn and smile. "Guess what Caitlyn!" She looks at me and smiles, "What?"

       "Well since you asked," I chuckle, " I got my bag back and Roy didn't even put a scratch on it!"

        "That's gr--" She starts to respond but Barry interrupts her, "Who is Roy?" Barry walks over next to me.

       "He is the guy who took my bag," I answer then soon add on, "But he gave it back so..."

Barry looks at me with a eyebrow raised, then quickly looks at his buzzing phone. "I got to go!" He says then is replaced by a light of red, I wave at nothing and slowly say "Bye."

     " You should be used to that by now. " Cisco says walking in holding a tablet clearly focused on something, "Whatcha working on?" I question as I following him around the room. Since I have no given job and, not a huge importance on the 'team' I usually just go off of what the others are doing.

     " It's a new bow staff for Loral. The old one was just getting, well, old." He answers shrugging and exits the room to continue working on the new bow staff. I sigh and walk back over to Caitlyn, points to the door, "I'm going to go to the gym. Seem to be really boring around here so."

     "Ok. Be safe Paisley." Caitlyn always has the best smile, I guess in a way she and Loral are like my older sisters. Oliver, Berry, John, and Cisco are like my big brothers we are just a big weird family. "Ok." I walk over to my bag and grab it swinging it over my shoulder. I click the home button on my phone and read the time, 8:13 PM.

   I walk down the street about to get into my Jeep which is parked not very close to S.T.A.R Labs. I feel a number of hands on my back, I get pulled back and I see three men in hoods touching me and pushing me around between them. I push them off me, " Where ya going sweetie?"

     "Nothing that concerns the likes of you! " I try to push past them, " Not so fast! Missy!" They grab my back pulling me closer to their grossing grins while surrounding me, I look over and see Roy in his red hood. "Help me!" I yell, struggling against the three men. I shut my eyes and drop down right as my ears register the sound of a gun shot.

   I keep my eyes closed and I stay down and listen to the series of grunting and an exchange of punches and swears. I feel and hand on my shoulder.

    "It's ok." I look up and see him standing there gripping his side. I stand up and worriedly say, " Oh my God! Your bleeding!" Roy rolls his eyes and nods wincing, "That's what happens when your stabbed."

     "You need to get to the hospital! I umm," I look around, "Just get the in car!" I help him into the passenger seat and shut the car. I hurriedly run around the car, and drive leaving the three unconscious men behind.

   "Ok. We are going S.T.A.R Labs. It's just down the road. Caitlyn can take care of you. " He winces and leans back, "Yep." I look over and pain could be seen on his face. "I don't think blood stains fly by in the car cleaning business..." He doesn't laugh he just winces. "Ugh, were almost there." I look in the distance, and presses of the gas going faster.

    "We're here!" I jump out of the car and help Roy out and grab his shoulder and walk quickly. I push through the doors, "Caitlyn! I need your help!" I listen as Roy creates a musical of grunts and winces, I walk over to a table and slide stuff of the top of it I shrug and apologize, "I hope non of that was important..." I set Roy on the table, and stand by his side.

     I watch as Caitlyn hurriedly does medical stuff that I don't understand. I notice Roy tense up and his eyes widen, I look in the direction of his gaze. I laugh, "Don't tell me Mr.Toughguy is afraid of an itty-bitty needle." I realize there is actual fear behind his eyes. I release a very low "Oh..." And start to feel guilty.

    "Their not so tiny once their in you." He says, getting more tense. I look around, "Choose something to focus on." He looks up at me for a second then looks back at Caitlyn, then around the room in search of something to focus on.

    "Stay still. Its ok. " Caitlyn tries to soothe, while sanitizing his arm. Preparing to inject the needle.

    I watch as Caitlyn ready the needle, I grab Roys chin bringing it to meet mymouth and kiss him. In the corner of my eyes I see Caitlyn take out the needle. I release his chin and turn away, clearly embarrassed to kiss someone in front of Caitlyn. Who is basically like a mom sister.

   Caitlyn decides to break the silence while taking off her gloves, "Ok you just need rest and  take it easy." She smiles and walks out of the room, leaving Roy and I alone.

    "I know who you are." He looks at me, "You're that blonde rich girl, Paisley Parker. Daughter of the billionaires Ryan Parker and Charlotte Parker. " He chuckles making me feel even more uncomfortable, I turn around to face him.