Chapter 7

Almost a half hour later, limping down the stairs getting a cab, going back to the hotel, limping my way up to my room, there wasn't much people around so they didn't make an uncomfortable situation, lesson learned, news comes fast.

I made my way back in through the door and saw the scenery that took place just a couple hours ago. The blankets half off the beds, the lamps either tipped or crashed to the floor, hotel possessions stolen. What was he planning on doing?

I sat down gently on the first bed, not even bother to get the lumpy blanket out from under me, I just needed to think.

But I couldn't. All that was running through my mind was that my older brother was going to be gone. Just like mom and dad.

Only if my mom and dad were here, I mean they wouldn't exactly be in a situation like this, but if they were, they would know what to do.

Like the time I was little and my brother was first diagnosed with his mental illness, he went crazy, he didn't understand what was happening to him, but my mother, she held me close as she was thinking of a plan, as if holding me at that age would give her a lightbulb. Then when she finally did, she gave me off to my dad as she went in, like a survivor on the sea, and took care of the trouble.

Just them holding me like that always calmed me and gave me hope that things would be better.

But that can't happen anymore. Nothing here would be able to calm me.

...Maybe not here, but at home.

Sudden realization got to me as I knew that I had that, all along, I just never thought to bring it with me whenever I needed it.

I need to go back to Chicago.