Chapter 2 - Shino's Feelings Wavered?

Shino had left the hospital as Lady Tsunade wanted a private word with, Yukino. She isn't so mysterious to me now, Shino thought, so her name is Yukino is it? Shino was deep in thought when he bumped into Naruto Uzumaki. He apologised and ran on, he seemed like he was in a hurry. Shino didn't dwell on it and continued on his walk. He had no particular destination, he so decided just to wonder the village. Many villagers greeted him, while many children asked him about his jutsus and his bugs. As he was taught, he answered their questions and showed them his Kikaichu. He had forgotten about Yukino temporarily, too into the conversation with the children surrounding him. After a while, he dismissed the children and went on his way. He was just about to head home, when Shikamaru ran up to him.

'We have a problem and we need your help,' he said between pants.

'What's wrong?' Shino asked.

'That girl you saved, Yukino. She ran away from the hospital and is now loose in the village. We can't find her anywhere.'

This shocked Shino a little, he knew she was nervous about being in a new place, but why would she run? He agreed to help find her and headed towards the last place he saw her. He looked around, taking note of the surroundings. There were footprints everywhere. He couldn't identify which ones were hers. There was only one thing to do, he sent out his beetles. They had familiarised themselves with her chakra, so they would be able to find her. When they returned, they told Shino that she was heading towards a giant empty space. The first thing that came to Shino's mind was training ground three. He sent a message to Shikamaru, as he made his way at top speed to the training ground.

He leapt over the fence, onto the grounds, un-wavered from the height. He slowly rose, looking and searching around. Keeping an eye out for the familiar red tints of hair. He managed to scour half of the grounds within minutes thanks to his bugs. No sign of her, but she was close. Shino noticed that his heart was racing, while his nerves kicked around in the pits of his stomach. Why was he nervous? Now that he thought about it, ever since he saved Yukino, his feelings had been acting out of the ordinary. He slowed his paced to a complete stop. Why was he feeling this way? This is unnatural, Shino's feelings never wavered, no matter who he met. Why was this time different? He remembered back to the night he had saved Yukino, he hadn't thought twice about helping her, he got her medical treatment within minutes of saving her, she was all he could think about before he slept, he had even made himself look better than he usually did before he went to see her again. Why all of a sudden was he feeling like this?! What was Yukino to him?

His mental psychology was interrupted by a blood curdling scream. He knew instantly who it was and ran as fast as he could, he had just made it in time to catch Yukino from a harsh blow. He looked up to see the ninja from last night, laughing maniacally with a handful of feathers. He looked back down at the girl in his arms, she was knocked out and was missing feathers. He laid her down ever so gently and turned his deathly gaze towards the perpetrator. His feelings were overflowing with rage. Someone had hurt Yukino, his newfound friend. As he spoke, he could feel his beetles quivering at the amount of anger that was in it.

'I do not know how you managed to infiltrate the village, but I know why you're here,' he heard landing behind him, Shikamaru and Naruto had come as his back up. He turned back to the now scared ninja in front of him. 'You will not have her. She is my friend, mine to protect. Nor will I allow you to take what is hers. So you will return those in your hand and leave the village immediately.'

Another maniacal laugh rose from the ninja. 'This is all I need for now. This will fetch a good price considering how many there are. Boss will be pleased. See you children soon,' and he disappeared.

Shino was about to tail him, when a scream came from behind him. Yukino was conscious and standing, slowly backing away with a weapon in hand. Shino could not describe what was going over her, she was as pale as a ghost and shaking like a leaf. Shikamaru and Naruto were trying to calm her down, but she wouldn't budge.