Chapter 34 - Flashbacks Part 2

Hello my lovelies! Please forgive me for not updating sooner! I have been going through some very tough times regarding my family and school life. And since you have waited so patiently, here it is! A new chapter for you to read! Like and comment if you enjoyed it, as I do enjoy what you guys have to say about it. It keeps me on my toes! Happy Reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yukino awoke the next morning her head was pounding like crazy and the light shining into her eyes wasn't helping either. She slowly opened them letting them adjust to the harsh rays blinding her. She looked around as she confusingly took in her surroundings.

'How did I get here?' she asked herself, although she didn't have time to answer.

Yukino's stomach made a weird noise as she felt something slowly rising up into her throat. All of a sudden her body moved on its own and straight into the bathroom. When she emerged a few minutes later, she was feeling a little better but her head was still killing her. She stumbled her way downstairs to the kitchen only to be stopped and pulled to the kitchen table by Shibi. In front of her was a delicious smelling breakfast and a glass of some red, odd-smelling liquid.

'Drink that first,' he said, 'it will help your head and absorb the alcohol.'

Yukino picked up the glass, the smell wafting up her nose, 'What's in it?' she asked cautiously.

'It's best if you don't ask.'

She was about to protest when her head throbbed harshly. Pushing all thoughts of contemplation aside, Yukino through her head back and gulped down the powdery textured liquid. Sitting silently, she waited for the last of the remnants to fall down her throat before she started slowly consuming her prepared breakfast. Shibi sat in the chair across from her with a concerned look on his face.

'Is everything okay?' Yukino asked with a mouthful of food. 'More importantly, why am I here and how did I get here?'

'Sai brought you here last night. He was probably concerned about you wandering around on your own so he escorted you back,' Shibi answered.

'That would make sense.'

'What do you remember from last night?' Shibi suddenly asked.

'I was about to leave the Barbeque House to go home when Lee said I should stay a little longer. I decided a little longer wouldn't hurt and stayed. Lee handed me a glass with what I assumed was water, but was actually sake. I don't remember much after that though,' Yukino said hoovering down her syrup-drenched pancakes.

'I see,' Shibi said a little disappointed.

'Did I do something wrong?' the girl asked sensing the off atmosphere.

'No, it just felt nice to have you back here. Since you left, it has been very quiet. Shino has even said his mother's cooking doesn't taste the same anymore,' Shibi muttered.

'Oh, well... um...' Yukino felt bad, she hadn't meant to cause something like that amongst the family that looked after her for so long.

Shibi approached Yukino and made her make eye contact through his glasses.

'Don't take what I said to heart so much, consider it something natural that would happen under the circumstances.'

'Alright.'

Yukino finished up her meal, washed up her dishes then made her way back upstairs. Shibi suggested she rest a little longer, but she had to leave to run some errands and do a little shopping. Walking into Shino's room, Yukino made her way to the bed with some clean sheets and started stripping the mattress. She was halfway through remaking the bed when she heard a familiar buzzing. She scanned the room but see nothing out of the ordinary, nor did she sense any presence nearby. Deciding nothing on it, she went back to making the bed. After she was done, she stood proudly at the side of it. She slowly turned making sure everything thing was as it was before she felt arms go around her waist from behind. Her body stiffened as her arm slowly went to her kunai pouch.