Chapter Four

Austin shrugged, "Ally's busy right now so I can't do much.." Dez smiled widely and quickly looked at me. "Can we hang out here longer?!" My dad and I chuckled. " Sure. Why not?" My dad said. "Yay!!" Dez said as he stood off of my bed quickly and raced back to the arcade. My dad looked down at me then at Austin. "Austin, keep an eye on him. I need to talk to my daughter again." He turned and walked out the door and out of sight. I looked up at Austin and sighed as he shrugged. We both walked out of my room and I followed my dad down a hallway. We entered into a room that was completely dark.

"Okay, so I was going to tell you about this before the other news, but it totally slipped my mind.." He turned on the lights to show a room made just for me. It had a piano, my acoustic guitar, a microphone, basically stuff that I usually use whenever I'm singing to myself in my room. It wasn't a recording studio necessarily, but it was very similar. "This is your own little place, just for you since I know you like to be alone when you sing." I smiled widely and gave him a huge hug. 

When I pulled away, I chewed on my lip as I looked up at my dad. "Thanks dad, I love it... And uh, actually I'm going to be performing a duet with Austin in a competition sometime soon.." I looked down, not sure he would approve. "Really Hailey?! That's great! This will be a great experience for you!" I smiled even wider at his response. "So I can compete??!" "Of course,  baby girl. I'm not going to keep you from achieving your dreams. Go for it if you want. I'm here to support you." I hugged him one last time. "Alright honey, well, I have a client coming soon, so go back to your friends. I'll see you later." I followed him out of the room and walked back to Austin and Dez.

"Everything okay?" Austin asked in which I nodded. I noticed they were playing air hockey and smiled. "I got winner." I smirked as I sat down on a stool next to the game and watched them. Dez lost which meant Austin won. " I don't know why I keep playing against you, you always win!" Dez fake pouted as he handed me the air hockey mallet. (A/N yes, I did search to see what it is called) "Don't worry, Dez, I'll beat him and dedicate my victory to you." I joked and grabbed the puck, setting it in the center. 

"Alright, Austin, you can start off." I said as I got ready to defend my goal. " Good Luck." Austin says with a chuckle. He hit the puck and it almost went into my goal, but I stopped it just in time. "Woah, you're fast." I muttered. I moved the puck and aimed towards his goal, hitting it in. "But, not as fast as me." I smirked and gave Dez a high five. "Hey, that was just luck. You still have to get another 10 points to win." Austin said as he placed the puck in the middle. 

We had been tied for 30 minutes, both trying to score the last point to win, but it just wasn't happening. Dez was obviously getting bored, "Come on guys! Austin, shes going to win so just give up!" Austin looked over at Dez with confusion on his face. "Hey, I thought you were my best friend!?" He said. I tried to make a shot while he wasn't paying attention, but he still blocked it. "No, Hailey is because she's going to win this for me," Dez walked over and gave me a hug in which Austin tried to make a goal, but failed also. "You know, he's right Austin. I am going to win." I giggled softly and smile. Austin just rolls his eyes and I try to make another shot, failing once again. "You know what? Dez, you can make the last shot for me, so you can finally say you beat Austin." I smiled and moved out of  the way, giving Dez the mallet.

"Really?! Thanks Hailey!" he got into his "game-mode" and blocked as Austin hit it towards him. "This is totally cheating, but i'll allow it since it's Dez." As Austin said that, Dez shot the puck right in to the goal. "Yes!! We won!!" Dez said as he hugged me tight. "Yay!!" I said as I hugged back and stuck my tongue out at Austin. He pouted, "Whatever, I call rematch." I shook my head. "Maybe later because I'm too tired now," I said with a giggle in which both of them agreed. "Hey, want to go relax and go see a movie? We can go by  Sonic Boom and see if Ally and Trish are there and want to tag along." I smiled, " Sounds like fun, sure! Let's go!"

I was so happy that I had only been here for a day and I have already been accepted into a nice group of friends. I was honestly surprised. We went to Sonic Boom, met up with Ally and Trish, then headed to the theater. Once we got there, Dez clings on to my arm and says, "I call sitting next to Hailey!" I giggled, "Okay, but only if you go buy me some M&Ms," I said joking, but watched as Dez ran to the snack counter. The rest of us walked into the theater to find seats. We decided to sit in the back, and I ended up sitting in the middle of Austin and Dez, which I regretting because they were arguing about something I knew nothing about.

I watched as Ally's mood changed and became silent. Trish didn't seem to notice at first and continued talking. I followed her gaze to a cute boy walking into the theater and down the aisle towards the front of the stadium with a girl. I leaned across Austin and tapped on her shoulder. "Ally, is everything okay?" I asked sincerely as she turned to me frowning. "Uhh.. It's just that the boy that just walked in, Dallas, is a guy I really liked, and I thought he liked me too, but apparently not." She stood up and quickly walked past Trish and out the door. I sighed softly, feeling sorry for her and stood up myself. Trish did also and followed me out the door to Ally. "Ally, maybe it isn't what it looks like?" Trish said more as a question. I nodded, agreeing, "Yeah, Trish is right. I'll be right back."

I walked back into the theater and towards the boy, Dallas. I sat next to him and looked at the both of them. "Um, excuse me. Are you two a couple?" I asked being straightforward. The girl started laughing while shaking her head. "No, no, no, no, no. Dallas is my cousin. Why do you ask?" I looked back towards the door to the outside of the screening room then back to them. "My friend, Ally Dawson, saw you two together and got the wrong message. " Dallas perked up, "Ally is here? I've been trying to get a hold of her the past few days, but couldn't seem to find her or contact her." I nodded understandingly, "Oh, okay. Well, that's great! You can go outside and explain that to her. Oh, and by  the way, I'm Hailey. I'm new to town." I gave him a smile, so we weren't exactly strangers.

Dallas had went out of the theater and talked to Ally, clearing things up then came back inside. They went and sat alone with each other, and Trish went to sit with the cousin so she wasn't stuck with Austin and Dez like I was, and as soon as the movie started, I understood why.

-

Author's Notes

Hey guys! I'm finally going to have time off to start focusing more on my stories and I am extremely happy! I really want to focus on writing longer chapters, and I was somewhat proud of myself since this chapter reached over 1500 words! 

Okay, so if you haven't checked out any of my other stories out yet, I would really appreciate it if you did! I'd also love to hear feedback on chapter because i always want to improve my story. Please comment suggestions!!! 

Another note,  I am thinking about dedicating chapters now to the people who give the most feedback, including votes, on this story! And I will also begin asking a question at the end of each chapter to also see how involved in my chapters. (I'm including my answers too.)

Today's question : What is your favorite song at the moment?

My answer : Let it Go by James Bay (:

Thanks if you actually read all of this!

Hailey xx