Thoughts [Short]

Matthew Patrick was pretty sure he struck gold when he found Stephanie.
She was absolutely gorgeous, for one thing, but she was also incredibly sweet and gracious, funny, smart.
She understood the dumb nerd puns he made every now and then. She never made fun of him when he burst out into song. In fact, she would join him.
She researched things for him, scribbling things down on a whiteboard when she found something that might be of use to him.
She took care of the cat like he was their son like she promised when they initially got him.
Matthew didn't deserve someone like her.
•••
Stephanie Patrick was pretty sure she lucked out with Matthew.
He was more handsome than anyone she had ever met, first of all, but he was crazy smart, hardworking, and witty on top of all that.
He brought her to new places and showed her things she had never dreamed of seeing.
He was adventurous in the literal and figurative sense. He dipped her when they kissed at their wedding for gods sake.
He never stopped working on his theories but to talk to her and ask her how she was.
He sang to her when they first met and he sang to her even now as she thought these things.
Stephanie knew that he was too good for her.

But they were both happy.