Discounted [AU]

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last update! My inspiration has been running low.

There was a rather attractive woman standing in the discount aisle.
She looked over the boxes of half expired pancake mix, the bottles of water that were totally straight from the mountains, and the adult diapers that she figured she wouldn't be needing for another few decades.
Hopefully.
Her eyes were clear and bright, almost shining even though she seemed to be doing nothing more than putting a pack of strawberry flavored gum she didn't want back on the shelf.
Her hands looked slender and soft and perfect to hold, he thought, absentmindedly putting a carton of milk in his shopping cart to seem like less of a stalker.
Her clothes were tasteful but not dressy, lace and pastel colors that hung around her body in a way that fit her just right. It was mesmerizing to watch her.
He drummed his fingers on the shelf next to him, plotting out his next move. A milk carton fell on his head as he did so and she took notice, beautiful brown eyes widening and then narrowing again as she laughed, trying to stifle the giggles exploding from her mouth with her hand.
He had never met this woman in his life and Matthew was already smitten.
•••
He saw her again the week after what he called "The Milk Carton Incident", back in the discount aisle to scan for a bargain.
If he was honest, it worried him a little. Was she too broke to afford anything else?
No, of course not. With the frying pan in her shopping cart, he was fairly certain that wasn't the case. That meant she was only here to make fun of what they had for sale.
She mumbled something aloud, something he couldn't understand about price tags but he found it particularly adorable and enticing.
It was almost enough to give him the courage to ask her name, but when she caught his eye and smirked a little her lipgloss attracted the light and suddenly it looked like an angel of God was depending upon him to tell him to head to the cereal aisle and pick up a box of cornflakes.
So that's what he did, hurriedly scampering away, tripping over his feet in a blind rush to escape the absolute beauty of the woman in the discount aisle.
•••
Today was the day, he told himself, catching a glimpse of her as he strolled by the discount aisle once more. It had been 2 weeks this time, he recalled. He had come back the previous week of course, but she wasn't around to his disappointment.
She dropped some ripoff Pringles into her cart and shrugged as she looked up to see him.
Her face lit up with the most beautiful grin he had ever seen in his life and he was left speechless.
He stumbled up to her and tried to casually lean on his shopping cart, failing miserably when he put all his weight on it and it rolled away.
He quickly caught himself and she giggled cutely again. He always made a fool of himself, he scolded, but it was worth it to hear her laugh every time.
"Uh... Hello! Good morning... Er.. Afternoon?"
She flushed a rather attractive shade of pink and hid behind her hands.
"I'm sorry I've kind of been stalking you for the past month. You're just... Uh... You're gorgeous. It's got me a bit star struck."
He stuck out a hand, much more shy than he normally would be in front of a woman anything less than superhuman.
"My name is Matthew, but you can call me Matt."
The woman seemed to swallow the lump in her throat, still red as a beet, and she shook his hand slowly, deliberately.
"My name is... My name is Stephanie. C... Could I have your number?"