2. Or is it Just Her?

A/N I am pretty sure that no one is reading this but if you are, please vote and comment. Not that I don't enjoy writing just for me but it would be nice to know that someone else likes the story too. Holland Roden is the inspiration for Holly.

Perry looked around her office space, happy with the wall of windows behind her desk. It was completely bare except for the shiny new MacBook sitting on the desktop and the black leather chair. She turned to see her boss standing in the doorway, waiting for her reaction. "I love it! Thank you so much." She told her, eager to really begin the job.

Holly smiled and Perry caught herself before she could zone out. What color of lipstick was that and how did she make matte icy pink look so good? "You'll love it even more once we get it decorated and lit properly! I've got a list made and we have a huge budget for this so don't worry about price. Let's go!" Perry shook herself out of her wondering if she'd look good with that lip color and followed her boss out of the office area to the elevator. "What's your style, Perseus?"

It was almost strange to hear her full name, no one called her that other than her mother. "I was thinking warm lighting but not too dim to be welcoming when clients come in. Maybe a salt lamp too? Comfortable chairs for the clients to sit in and a small table in the corner. I've got a photograph for it and we can put the salt lamp behind the picture to make the place look like a human being's space."

"Clients will be more likely to agree with your ideas if they feel comfortable, excellent ideas!" The elevator doors opened and they got on, pressing the button for the ground floor. Holly tapped her chin, thinking. "What about a book shelf? We can put it sort of behind the desk and you can start making scrapbooks of projects, events you've done and that way you can pull it out and have examples of what you can do!"

"I haven't done anything yet, though." Perry said, sounding a little disappointed. She liked the idea but an empty bookshelf wouldn't look good. She could put little figurines or other books on it until she had a few scrapbooks of ideas and examples but what books? They had to be appropriate for a non biased work place.

"Don't worry about that." Holly said as the elevator dinged and they stepped off. "I can give you a few of my sample books to look through and get familiar with."

~

Perry looked around the boutique Holly had chosen, hoping that something would jump out at her. "I can see it in my head, it's a small, dark wood table. I just have to find it somewhere in this collection."

"I can see what you want. I'll go look for it." Holly went off to the left side of the little store and Perry watched her go for a moment. She'd been curious about the woman since they'd met for her interview. Everything about her caught Perry's eye, her flawless creamy skin, bright eyes that could change from a warm hazel to a pretty blue-green in the right light, and her red hair that always looked so soft. Today it was pulled up into a perfect bun, not a piece out of place.

She shook her head again and began looking on her side. It was perfectly normal to think another girl was pretty. It's not like she was sexually attracted to her. Besides, it's not like she thought about any other girl like that so she couldn't be...that. There! Two chairs were sitting in the corner around a small glass topped table. She didn't want that table but the chairs were perfect, just soft and laid back enough to be comfortable but not too much.

"Hey, I think I found the table you want." Holly spoke from behind her, startling her. "I'm sorry, I thought you heard me coming!"

Perry laughed lightly. "It's okay! What do you think about those?" She asked, pointing them out to her.

"It's your office." Holly said with a shrug. "But I like those, they'll look great! Come see if this table is what you wanted!"

~

They left the store with the promise that it would only take an hour for the pieces to arrive in her office. Holly smiled and Perry wondered how she kept her teeth so white. "So it's eleven now, we can go grab some lunch then head back to work?"

"Sure!" Perry agreed, it sounded like a good idea.

"I know the perfect place to go!" Holly told her, opening the door of the car that had just arrived. "Take us to Ladybird's." She ordered the driver as soon as they were both in. It didn't take long for them to arrive at the café and they were seated soon after getting inside. Perry looked around, amazed by the strings of fairy lights that hung from the ceiling, giving the place a beautiful glow.

"Welcome to Ladybird's, I'm Dayton, I'll be your server today." The boy recited. "What would you like to drink?"

"We'll both have iced tea with lemon and we're ready to order if you don't mind." Holly said with a smile. The boy nodded and pulled out his notepad. "I'll have the grilled salmon with lemon sauce and seasonal veggies. My friend will have the strawberry summer salad with the candied pecans and grilled chicken."

The boy tucked the order pad into his apron. "I'll be right back with your drinks."

Holly waited until he was gone before turning to Perry. "I hope you don't mind that I ordered for you, I just know what's good here."

"No, that sounds delicious, thank you." Perry told her, looking down at the table.

"How are you liking the city, Perseus?" Holly asked, leaning in.

"You can call me Perry if you like." Perry said, not wanting to correct her. "Everyone else does."

Holly frowned. "But Perseus is so beautiful, just like you." Perry blushed and warned herself not to think too much of the compliment. "I'm curious." Something in Holly's tone made Perry look up. "What kind of person are you interested in?"

A/N The first question will be answered (sort of) in the next chapter. I hope you are all enjoying your day and if you are questioning yourself like Perry is I hope you get some answers.