4. What do I Want?

"Where on Earth are you going looking like that?"

Perry frowned at her brother, Apollo, who had stuck his head in to let her know that someone had come to the door for her. She had tried to look her very best and now she was wondering if the black dress that barely reached her knees and left her shoulders bare was not an appropriate choice. She had paired it with tiny silver hoop earrings and a long silver chain necklace that ended in a simple loop. "I'm going to dinner with my boss, Holly. I just want to look nice, it's not too much, is it?"

Apollo saw the worry in his sister's eyes and decided not to make a joke. "You look fine, Perry, this woman is dressed nearly as nice as you are."

"Thanks, Apollo." Perry gave him a weak smile. "I just don't want to mess anything up." Maybe this was already messed up. She couldn't do anything about it now, as far as they had gone, which wasn't far but it was far enough. She winced, leaving her room and flipping off the lights. Her own thoughts were giving her a headache.

"Perseus, you look absolutely radiant." Holly greeted and Perry almost didn't hear her because she was too busy staring at her. Holly wore a crimson dress with triangles cut out at the waist revealing her perfect creamy skin. Her hair... Perry briefly wondered what it would be like if she could touch it. "Are you ready to leave?" She asked, and Perry nodded shyly.

~

"I'm sorry that I haven't had that much time to spend with you this week." Holly said, leaning in. She spoke just loud enough for Perseus to hear, making the conversation seem a lot more intimate. Perry still couldn't believe how fancy the restaurant was that they were at, she was incredibly relieved that she wasn't overdressed like she thought she might be. In fact, she might be a little underdressed, maybe she should have gone for the pearl earrings and necklace instead of plain silver. "I can't wait to see what your office looks like now that you've gotten it fully set up. Perhaps Monday you can show me and we can go for a lunch at Ladybirds around eleven?" Holly asked, cutting into Perry's endless thought train.

"Oh, yes, that would be nice!" She answered, hoping that she didn't sound distracted or too eager. She still wasn't sure just how interested Holly was in her and hadn't she said she wanted to talk to her about something? "You said you wanted to talk to me about something?"

Holly smiled warmly at her. "Yes, but I think I see the server coming our way." A young woman dressed in slacks, a white button up shirt and a black vest came up to the table. Before she could speak, Holly said, "A bottle of the Sauvage rose, please, and escargo. We'll be ready to order when you return."

"Excellent choice, madam." The woman said with a little nod. "My name is Laurie, I'll be your server tonight. Would you like to hear the chef's special?"

Perry thought she saw Holly's expression become a little cold but she could be imagining things. "No, thank you." Holly said and Laurie left the table.

"I've never eaten at a place like this." Perry commented in an awed tone.

"I know." Holly responded, making Perry look up at her with a small frown. "I want to take you to places like this, Perseus, I want to take care of you. This is what I meant. You have absolutely no idea how beautiful you are and when you smile your eyes sparkle like a child's. I want to talk to you about other things as well but I think the first thing I need to help you with is acceptance."

Perry blushed at the compliment, the constant swirl of her thoughts temporarily stilled. "Acceptance?" She asked, though she knew what Holly meant.

"Yes, acceptance." Holly folded her hands and laid them on the table in front of her. "You need to be absolutely certain that I am the kind of person you want before we start any kind of relationship. How did you feel after I kissed you?"

Perry blushed, remembering the kiss and the warm feeling that had blossomed in her chest afterwards. She'd had trouble concentrating on work the rest of the day. Then Holly had pretty much avoided her the rest of the week. Perry frowned, remembering the four texts she'd received. 'How is the office coming along?' and then 'Great!' This morning she'd sent 'Are you still okay with dinner tonight?' then 'I'll pick you up at eight.' "I felt warm. I really liked it." She finally answered, quietly.

"When we go to my apartment after dinner tonight, would you be comfortable trying something more than a kiss?" Holly asked, intently watching Perry's face for unspoken reactions. She wanted Perseus but she wanted Perseus to want her without shame.

"I don't really know what you mean but..." Perry cleared her throat, embarrassed with what she was saying, hoping that Holly would understand. "I think I would like to know what you mean? You make me curious, I guess is what I'm trying to say."

"I'm glad I can make you curious" Holly said, leaning back as the server returned with the bottle of wine in a bucket of ice followed by another server carrying the escargot and two small plates. "I'm also glad I can make you blush. It's adorable." She added once they were gone.

Before Perseus could respond to Holly's comment the server, Laurie, returned to the table with her order pad, pen, and a bright, fake smile. "Are you ready to order?" She asked and Perry kind of hoped that Holly would order for her like she had last time.

Holly grinned and answered the question without taking her eyes off of Perseus. "I know exactly what I want."

A/N We have come to a part of the story where I have to ask myself. How much of the "fun" do I include? It's not really integral to the story, what's more important is how Perry feels about it. Let me know what you think in the comments below! If you don't comment, I'll just do whatever I want.