Chapter 9: Collapse.

Pearl

I finished patching up Deadlox, and stood up, growing a few pieces of wheat and a few carrots. I gave the carrots to him, and quickly made bread. "There. Now can I go Mr. Whiney?"

"You didn't have to stay!"

"Well, you're lucky I did for your sake. It's hard to make things grow anymore since that quake."

"Where were you when the first one happened?" He asked, lighting a fire as it slowly grew dark.

"In the forest, as I usually am. I was making way towards the city, and felt it. What about you?"

"Doing a parkour map. Nearly fell into lava. Don't really feel sorry for those who did. Marshmallow?" He offered one to me from his pack.

"Sure." I take it, and poke it on a stick and shove it into the fire. I let it turn golden, and took it out, blowing out the fire on it.

He let it turn black, before popping it into his mouth.

"Like it burnt, don't you?"

"Chewier. Hey, it seems quiet. Too quiet. "

"You're right. Being bombarded by mobs, and suddenly not being the next night, something is wrong ."

He stood up, and put the fire out.

We held our swords ready, as the ground started to shake again.

"Another one! Brace yourself!" Lox shouted.

A crack formed under us, and the ground started to collapse. We ran towards solid ground, but a mins below us collapsed, and dragged us with.

I tried to form a plant net below us before we hit the ground, but it only partially formed.

We hit it and then hit the wall, it slowing us down.

I hit the ground first, and was knocked out cold.