Chapter 11: Teams

I was tired. Really tired. My eyes feel heavy, eye-bugs were forming under my eyes and cuts scattered across my body. I yawned. Oh gawd! If today wasn't the day where they have teams then I won't even think twice of not attending school. I can't even walk straight!

"Hey, Ayame! Are you sure you're really okay?" Blaze looked at me worriedly.

"Yeah, ever since you came home yesterday, you've been out." Em added.

"I'm fine guys, just a little tired." I couldn't stop the yawn that escaped me. "And enough about me, what about now?"

Blaze raised his eyebrow. "Now?"

"Yeah, now. Wasn't today supposed to be the day where they assign teams?"

Em squealed. "Yeah! Oh my gawd! I'm so excited!" She bounced up and down.

I chuckled. "Yeah, me too." I said trying to sound excited. "I wonder who our teacher will be," I said remembering the time when the four of us concluded that we'll be on the same team, considering the fact that we already know what teams the others will be in.

Blaze seemed in thought for a while. "Yeah, but I think we won't be in the same team, guys."

I stopped. "Whoa. What do you mean?"

"Think about it," he beckoned. "Iruka said that they assigned the teams based on how well they performed in the exams or in the school year, and let's consider how well the four of us did in the past week we've been here."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So? They can't judge our performance based on such a short time, right?" I countered. "And we all know what the others' team would be. So we could conclude that we'll be on our own...?" My statement turned into a question.

He shrugged. "Yeah, maybe your right. Maybe I'm just over-thinking things."

"Hmmm, maybe..." I said, agreeing with him.

I noticed that through-out this conversation, Blade was being unusually quiet. I glanced at him and he was looking at me. I decided to leave it alone; if he wants something, he needs to ask properly.

------------

"Goal!" Two annoying, high-pitched voice shouted.

"I win again, Sakura." I heard Ino say.

"What are you talking about?" Sakura argued. "My toe entered the class before yours by a centimeter!"

I groaned, a headache was starting to form again. "Oh, come on!" I shouted at them. "Can't you two annoying people keep it down? Sheesh!" I rubbed my temples.

They both got angry marks. "What did you say?" The two of them said in unison.

"I'm not the annoying one, she is!" Sakura pointed to Ino.

Ino got another angry mark. "What!"

Then they both argued again, making my headache worse.

I sighed. "Oh please, someone kill me now," I mumbled.

"You could say that again." Blade said.

I turned to him and raised my eyebrow. Oh, so now he's acting like the same?

Bipolar bitch....

Now, the class' girls, except for a few, were arguing on who was to sit beside the raven-haired boy. I closed my eyes trying to cancel the irritating voices out, but to no avail.

"Naruto! Stop staring at Sasuke-kun!" I heard Sakura shout.

I opened my eyes. I know what will happen here! I immediately stood up and found a good spot to watch. I saw that Em, Blade and Blaze was there too.