Chapter Two - New Life, No Change

"HEY WAKE UP LOSER!" All of a sudden the wind is knocked out of me. My eyes shot open and I threw the covers off me. I knew that out of all the houses i've been in living in this one will be the worst
Getting up frustrated, I shove my so called sibling out of my room and lock the door. Why on gods earth was I put in this house. Unable to just leave the house due to the car always occupied, I have to walk to school. There's nothing particularly wrong with walking to school, on the contrary that I have to deal with Taylor. Taylor Brandon Ryker has been my neighbor since two years back. When I was moved into this orphanage two years ago, Taylor decided that I was going to be his best friend. Now I can't ever catch a break from him.
I made my way downstairs after I finished dressing. Darting through the crowds of little children running around the house, I grab a mug and fill it with coffee while I rub butter on my toast.
"LEENA!" I sigh as I hear the wench call my name. "yes Marissa?" I make my way out of the kitchen with my toast in my mouth. Internally I shudder as she turns to face me. What was all over her face? Was it chocolate or poop? I close my eyes for a second and adjust to her horrible facial features. " What did you need marissa? If you don't hurry i'm going to be late for school." she rolls her eyes at me, signalling she is not in the mood for my attitude. "Well, I was going to ask if you were busy later today. I need some chores to be done, but i'm going on a date so I won't be here." Sighing out loud as she asks a million things of me, I muster up the courage to answer. " Well Marissa, I actually have plans tonight." I look away from her and prepare myself for a heated argument. "What do you mean you have plans? You weren't suppose to make plans and not tell me!" she charges towards me and grabs a fist full of my hair. "how many times do I have to say it, you're not special! Don't be a selfish brat!" I screamed out in pain as her hand then threw me to the ground. Without another word, she left the room like nothing had just happened.
Propping myself up on the stool, I took a deep breath and wiped the fallen tears off my cheeks. Making my way back through the kitchen, I grab my coffee and leave out the back door. Not even to the main road yet I already hear Taylor's voice. His deep, scratchy but smooth voice boomed throughout the street. "Leena! There you are! I've been waiting for you." He ran straight into my back and picked me up in a hug. "Ahh, Taylor I can't breath." As I squeeze out these words, Taylor then drops me to my feet. Still not completely done crying, I try to hide my puffy eyes and stained cheeks. Taylor smiles at me and starts babbling on about his mom and how she got really mad or something. I honestly wasn't really listening to him, I felt kind of light headed. I shook off my headache, it's not a surprise since I did almost have my hair ripped out of my head.
Taylor abruptly stopped walking, causing me to stumble some from the lack of his presence. I turn around, furrow my eyebrows and walk back to him. " What's wrong Tay?" I look up at his tall figure staring down at my 5'7 posture. He's 6'5, so i'm basically a midget. " What happened this morning?" My eyes only show more confusion as he ask me that question. "What do you mean?" He opens his mouth to speak but closes it. " Why dont you just stand up to her" my lips frown and I look to my feet. "Because.. she'd kill me. Literally, kill me." I turn back straight and begin walking again. "com'on Tay, we're gonna be late."
we make it to the gates of the school and Taylor continues on without me. " I'll see you during lunch, Leena" I wave him off and make my path into the hell highschool. My dark curly hair bounces on my shoulder some as I walk up the steps. I trip up on the last one and drop my books. bending down, I pick them up when I realize another girl staring at me. She looked as every other girl here, but her face, something was wrong with her face. I was too far away from her to see it clearly but I knew that her stare was on me. I quickly gather everything and dart through the halls to first period.
I sit through calculus, dreading my life even more than I already was. Dozing off, I see that girl once again. This time she was standing by the teacher's computer. Me, being the good student I am, I sat close to the front. Not right in the center of the class, but more towards the door. Now that I think about it, In almost.... no in all of my classes, I sit near the door. I silently contemplate with myself on how ridiculous that sounds. I sigh and look back down at the calculus sheet Mrs. Norbury had given us.
Feeling a slight draft I lift my head to check if someone had just entered the room. When my eyes land upon the creature, I nearly choke on my own spit. Silence engulfs us as it just stares me dead in the eye. How Tortured was this soul? Physically disfigured with fingers that snap all different ways. Blood was pouring down her face and her arms. Who is this and why do I feel trapped by her?