Chapter 13

Charlie found a sweet little white sundress. It had a built-in bra with a well fitted strapless top that hugged her torso. The skirt was full and fell just above her knees. She bought some white wedges for her feet. She looked at herself in the mirror and realized she couldn't do it. This was not who she was. She had never used her body to get a man, in fact she hated the prospect.

She already had Kellan, and she had nothing to prove. She had to sit down as she suddenly felt sick. What was the man doing to her? Why did she want to impress him, look good for him? He liked her fine the way she was.

"But you didn't," a little voice whispered. Was that true, did she not like herself? She always thought she had. Her hair fell around her shoulders in soft waves and she ran her hand through it.

He had said he liked her hair down.

Just then there was a knock at the door and she realized she was stuck, it was too late. Drawing on everything her mother had taught her she stood up tall and moved to answer the door, and as she did she passed the mirror one more time, and it hit her. Kellan had made her proud of her body not ashamed of it. She was starting to see what he saw, and realized that he could see her curves and enjoy looking without necessarily touching, although he had done plenty of that, and it made her realize that not all men took what they wanted.

There was another knock on the door and she realized that self-reflection time was finished. When she opened the door and saw Blanche standing there wearing even less than Charlie. She had on a tight barely there skirt and a top with no back. Here feet were in four inch stilettos with straps that wrapped all the way up her calf. Blanche's hair was pulled back into a style that was similar to what Laura's had been earlier.

"Charlie you look...I hardly even recognized you."

That comment could be either bad or good depending on how one looked at it so she just ignored it as she grabbed her purse and a white shawl. "Are you ready?"

Blanche nodded suddenly looking down at her outfit. "Do you think it's too much?"

"I think it is one hundred percent you," Charlie said with a sincere smile.

That seemed to sooth Blanche as she looked down at her shoes. Aren't these great. I got an awesome deal on them..." and she was off, talking all the way to the bar.

Knights-bridge was a popular spot for the college crowd, and Charlie had only been there once years ago as an undergraduate, when she went on her first and last date which was a total failure.

She couldn't help but wonder what a date with Kellan would be like, would he wine and dine her or take her out for pizza and a movie?

"Hello lovely ladies," Will said from behind them, making them both jump as they stood in the doorway looking around for Kellan and Laura.

"Will," Blanche said giving him a warm smile and a kiss.

"Will." Charlie smiled a greeting, not bothering to touch him, and he didn't seem to expect her too.

"We're over here," He said, leading the way to a large booth in the back where Laura, Kellan, Devon, and Josh all sat. It seemed their party had grown.

Charlie greeted Devon with a brief hug and nodded at Josh before introducing a startled Blanche. Kellan had stood, allowing for Blanche and then Charlie to slide into the booth between him and Laura. Neither Charlie nor Laura greeted each other, a fact that was not lost to all of the people at the table.

"You look lovely this evening ladies," Josh said raising his glass.

Kellan remained unusually silent as their drink order was taken and the waitress moved away from them. Charlie had noticed that he had changed into a t-shirt that showed off his arms and tattoo as well as muscular his chest.