0.014

Jay shoved the door open with as much force as he could muster. He was sick of it, sick of how El was treated, how she had was stuck in the cycle of hate and couldn't get away from it.

Just as El's father went to go take a swing at El Jay threw himself in front of her grabbing her fathers arm in the process before shoving him to the ground and turning his attention to El.

"Jay get out!" El exclaimed tears running down her face, "I don't want you to see me like this." She whispered bowing her head in shame.

Before Jay had the chance to say anything a dark chuckle was heard from behind them. The boy turned around making sure he was in front of El, protecting the thing he cared most.

El's father continued to chuckle before he began to speak, "So you're the one she's been whoring around with, and to thing I just thought she was making you up." His chuckle turned into a full sadistic laugh as though he had turned psychopathic.

"She is not a whore!" Jay shouted. His body boiling with angry, annoyed with how she could even be a whore, she was the kindness, sweetest most innocent person he has ever known and knows she doesn't deserve to be treated the way this...this thing treats her.

All of a sudden all the laughter stops. El's father get very angry very quickly.

"What did you say boy!" He bellowed and without a second thought he lunged for Jay.

It all happened so quickly that no one had any time to think, Jay threw El to the ground in an attempt to move her from the fight that was about to happen. The drunk man had grasp of Jays throat keeping him in a tight lock his grip getting tighter with every passing second.

"Jay!" El screeched in horror as she saw her life being torn away from her, before she knew what she was doing she was already pulling at the arm that held Jay in a tight lock. Pulling and shoving at it to try and give Jay some freedom so he could breathe but it was no use her father was just too strong and he threw her to the ground.

Jay's breath was slowly leaving him, his vision was becoming hazed and actions were becoming more and more limp as the life slowly left his body. All he could think of in these last few moment was El. He thought of there first date, the day when he made her smile, the day he made her laugh, the day he made her believe in hope...no matter how small that hope was always there.

As he thought of El and what might happen to her once he's gone, if anyone will protect her, if anyone will ever care about her, if she'll be strong enough without him.

Just as he thought everything was over her heard faint footsteps come up behind the old drunk.

"Put. Him. Down." El said, voice slightly shaky as she held a kitchen knife to her fathers back. She would not let him ruin anything else of hers, she wants a life, she wants to know how it feels to be loved, to have love...to have a family and the only way she can do that is if her isn't here anymore.

"Oh...look who decided to grow a backbone." He chuckled as he dropped Jay to the ground and turned to face his daughter. The daughter who looked so much like his wife, his dead wife.

Jay gasped for the precious air, savouring the sweet taste as it went round his lungs giving him back the life he so desperately needed.

"Good, now...now..." El was lost for words, she didn't think this far ahead, she didn't know what to do. She felt her hands get shaky and she was losing confidence. The adrenaline slowly making its way out her system.

"Now...now...-" he said mocking her, "pathetic. You sicken me, and to think you're still alive. You deserve to DIE!" And with that he launched himself at her.

It all moved to fast, the dive, the screams, the fists. It all merged into one picture and before El could stop it the knife pierced her skin. She inhaled sharply as she felt the cool metal go inside her lower abdomen.

"El!" Jay gasped as he attempted to make some form of sound. He scrabbled up and over to the bleeding girl on the floor.

El's father didn't bother in staying around, as soon as he saw the knife sticking out of El's body he ran, ran out of the door and away from the house.

"El, El, Princess. Talk to me. Please." Jay sobbed as he put his arms underneath El's lifeless form, she was already weak from the previous fights with her father. Jay reached into his pocket and dialled 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Help there's been a fight and my girlfriends been stabbed, please hurry I don't know how long she's going to last!" Jay sobbed to the lady on the phone.

"Sir please give me your address and we'll have an ambulance on the way."

Jay gave the address then hung up, he held El in his arms crying into her hair and rocking back and forth with her, whispering "I'm sorry's" and "I should've protected you"'s in her ears.

His vision slowly started getting darker and darker until all he saw was black and heard the faint sound of sirens in the distance before silence was all that was around him.