0.020

"Jay?" The girl questioned, her voice small and fragile as though she would break at any moment. A voice she thought was gone. His head snapped up in an instant, eyes staring straight into hers giving her his undivided attention.

"Yes Princess?" He grabbed her hand in his own, enveloping it with his touch.

"I'm scared." El was now on the brink of tears, her eyes already filling up threatening to spill out the salty liquid.

Before Jay could even think he jumped out of his seat and got into the small hospital bed with El, lying down next to her as he held her in his arms. That gesture. That small movement from him was all it took for El to break. She didn't hold back the tears anymore and cried in Jay's arms.

He craddled her and rubbed soothing circles in her back as her tears kept falling. "Why do you stay with me?" She cried.

The question caught Jay off guard. He wasn't expecting her to ask these questions anymore, he thought they were past this.

"I nearly got you killed, how have you not left already?" Her voice broke on certain words due to the heaviness of her crying. She hadn't cried this much in months. She was not use to it anymore.

"El, how could you even ask that? I love you with all I can give and nothing will change that. It was my own fault for getting hurt because I stormed in thinking I could help. I was the one who put your life in danger. You're in this bed because of me. I'm so sorry baby. I'm so so sorry." By now even Jay had a few salty tears staining his cheeks.

El lifted her head up slightly to look at him, wondering how they ended up like this, how things can go from one extreme to the other. She tilted her head to the side and placed a small kiss on his wet cheek, then moved over to the tip of his nose and before she knew it Jay threw his head up to catch her lips on his own.

Together they kissed softly, moulding against one an others lips, feeling every emotion, every part of eachother. They pulled apart, foreheads touching, eyes closed and breathing slightly unsteady as they took in the moment.

"I love you." El said as she buried herself deeper into his arms, placing her head on his chest as she let sleep take over her body.

Jay held her close, "I love you too." And with that they both fell into a deep sleep that they were both so desperately in need for.