0.019

"Hi,"

"...hi,"

"Hey?"

"You're awake...you're awake!" Without any hesitation Jay threw his arms around El and held her in a tight embrace not wanting to ever let her go again. He missed this. He missed the feel of her warm skin against his, the feel of her responding to his touch.

Once they let go a nurse walked in to come check up on El but was blessed with a pleasant surprise to see she was awake in her bed.

"Oh thank the heavens you're awake!" She exclaimed as she made her way over to El and sitting her up in the bed. "Is there anything I can get you before I go and get your meds?" She asked.

"Water," El's voice came out raspy as her throat was so dry, she had no idea what time, day or even date was. The last thing she remembers is the sharp metal sticking into her side and the sound of Jay's shaky voice as he called the ambulance.

The nurse came back with a small cup of water in hand, she passed it to El who took it kindly off her and gulped it down as though it was the best thing that the world could give her. She savoured every moment as the cool liquid trickled down her throat making her feel more alive.

Once she finished drinking she put the glass on the side and looked up into Jay's eyes. How she missed his brown eyes, the locks of his dark brown hair draping down across his face. Around his eyes were red as though he had been crying and all it made El feel was pain.

She knew what she had to do.

She knew that her father had to pay for what he had done.