Chapter One, Connor POV

a/n: i wrote this a while ago so rip tronnor and my writing was shit but go ahead

His blue eyes were the first thing I saw. They were piercing and captured my attention instantly. A little below his left eye was a small, slightly darker spot, which I assumed was a birthmark. His hair was styled like mine, in the typical quiff, but he had little horns of unkempt hair on each side of his hair, and he was small. Not really short, but scrawny and thin.

"Hi, my name's Troye Sivan," he said, a bit nervously. He had an accent, and if I had to guess I would say he was Australian. I shook his hand and said, "Connor Franta, nice to meet you." He grinned cheekily and turned to Tyler, blinking. "Hey! I'm Tyler Oakley, how are you?" The words exploded from Tilly's mouth in his usual half shouting cheery manner of communication. "Troye, and I'm good thanks. You?" Tyler showed off his bright whites and a double thumbs up.

"Welcome to Vidcon Troye! My name's Zoe Sugg, channel Zoella, this is Alfie Deyes from PointlessBlog, and my brother Joe is around here somewhere, probably farting around with Caspar," Zoe explained professionally. Troye nodded, his eyes a bit wide. "Don't worry, she's just excited. You'll get used to us," I reassured him. His shoulders relaxed a bit at this, and I turned to Tyler.

"Ty, your meet and greet is in six minutes." He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Ooh, she is tired. Escort me Connor!" he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes in mock annoyance and led him, along with the rest of the group, to the golf cart. The keys were in the ignition as I looked back to check that everyone was safely seated. "Floor it!" called Alfie, and I did. We zoomed around to the other side of the visitor center, and Tyler was out and running before the cart even stopped. Apparently Tilly wasn't so tired after all. Once I had parked the golf cart safely and turned the engine off, the rest of the group and I chased after him, finding him peeking out from behind the curtains where he would soon emerge from. My watch told me there was one more minute until Ty would go out in front of that huge group of people. I peeked through with him, and gasped a bit when I saw the enormity of the mass. There looked to be about six hundred fans, all chattering and conversing with each other like they were old friends. I sucked in air through my teeth and said, "Whew! Tilly, you've got quite the load there." He nodded, an excited look on his face. "Tyyyyyler Oakley!" the announcer exclaimed. Tyler was pushed through the curtains and greeted by a deafening roar from the crowd. I scanned over the viewers, seeing the same expression of joy and elation on the face of each person. Zoe laughed and I turned around, looking a bit scared and awed. 

"The first year is always CRAZY," Alfie grinned to me. Troye looked at me and said, "Ah, it's your first year too." I nodded a bit shyly, smiling timidly at him. He was pretty cute... No! Oh god no, I was straight. You like girls you like girls you like girls you like girls I chanted to myself. Here's the thing--I had always known I was different, or odd. I thought girls were pretty, and I was always enraptured by them, but I never felt anything. I had tried to convince myself that I was too young to really feel love, but as I got older I considered the thought that I might be... I.. I might be... be... No. I couldn't even think about it. So I shoved it down, deep down. So far down that I didn't think about it-- Until the next year at Vidcon, 2014.