Chapter One

"Maybe I'm too jaded to love somebody like you. Maybe I want to love my dream that will never come true. Someone who is real, gets in the way, and moves inside my heart not just my head."

- A Bird Flies Out, the Weepies

---

Haruno Sakura thought that she would never had to step into this place ever again.

She ignored the gawked stares and hushed whispers as she passed them. She knew where those fingers were pointing at and who was going to be a hot topic for the gossip grapevine of Konohagakure High. But that didn't matter to her. Not anymore.

Sakura let out a quiet groan when she saw the long queue of students leading up to the front administration desk. She made her way towards the line before she was blocked by a large, stocky figure.

Sakura looked up. It seemed that Masuhiro had not changed since she last saw him; although his face looked more flushed now with all the acne covering it. But it was still a face that she didn't want to see again.

"Haruno?" he said, blatantly roaming his eyes over her body. "Holy shit. Is it really you?"

"No," she replied, eyeing the moving queue over his left shoulder.

She moved towards his left, but Masuhiro made a side step and continued to block her.

"Is there a problem?" She asked, her brow furrowing as his grin widened. This was not good. If the idiot kept this up than Sakura was definite that she'd end up in the principal's office before homeroom started.

He shrugged. "I just wanted to welcome a new face," he said, as he stared a bit too long at her chest.

"It was nice to meet you too," Sakura uttered, placing a hand on his arm and gently shoved him aside. "Now if you excuse me, I got to be somewhere."

She only made a few steps away from him when she felt him grip her wrist, reeling her back to him.

"Leaving so soon?" he gave a pout. "I was just getting to know you."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "All you need to know is that if you don't let go in the next five seconds, I will kick your ass."

Masuhiro laughed. "Oh, I wouldn't count on a dainty little thing like you to-"

Sakura grabbed his arm and threw him onto the floor. He landed on his stomach and his arms pulled back behind him. He could see the small group of students forming around them.

"You were saying?" Sakura said.

"Get off me!" he demanded, as he thrashed about. But the hand on his neck paralyzed him in his place.

A teacher pushed their way through the crowd. "What is the meaning of this?" she said, narrowing her eyes at Sakura and Masuhiro. "You let go of that boy this instant!"

When Masuhiro finally felt her grip loosen, he immediately stumbled back up and charged towards Sakura, only to be stopped by a several arms pushing him back.

Meanwhile, Sakura was making her way towards the front desk when the same teacher stepped in front of her.

"I think you need to go to the principal's office, young lady," she snapped, pointing to the door that was adjacent to the right side of the desk.

Sakura smirked. "I think you're right," she said, allowing the teacher to march her into the office.

--

Sakura wasn't surprised at the sir she caused with her classmates - the shock and disgust were clearly written on their faces when she entered her home room. After the heat of everyone's stares and whispers following her like a constant swarm of flies, Sakura was relieved that they decided to instead to ignore her as if she was a walking plague.