Chapter Seven

Despite their best attempts, the library was overcrowded with the pile of students who surrounded around the small table containing Sakura and Hinata.

Sakura sat with her arms folded, looking annoyed whilst Hinata appeared to be moments away from melting into a pool of embarrassment. In the cracks of the bookshelf across from them, Sakura could make out glimpses of a surly-looking blonde boy watching them, and felt as if she definitely had seen him before.

But her attention was overtaken by the hoard of students who insisted on following them wherever, and whenever they could. This was the fifth time this week that it was happening, ever since word gotten out that Hinata was tutoring Sakura and the elusive Sasuke.

It did explain why they were all sandwiched into every crevice possible around the small table, hoping that Sasuke would somehow show up one way or another. Sakura didn't understand how they expected that to happen, when nobody could even get pass the front entrance.

"So much for a peace and quiet," Sakura mumbled, glancing over toward Hinata's direction.

Hinata fidgeted in her seat, twiddling with her fingers as her face flushed with shame as the noise continue to overwhelm them.

"I-I'm sorry, Sakura-san," she said, squeaking as she fingered the pages of her notebook. "I-I didn't think..."

Sakura let out a sigh. Despite her irritation with the chatter buzzing around her, she knew that it was stupid to take her anger out on Hinata. Not only was she necessary to help pass her grades, but the timid girl was one of the few people that Sakura could dare say tolerated in this hellhole.

"Sakura-san..." Hinata trailed off, tapping her fingers against the table. "What should w-we do..."

"Well I don't know about you," Sakura said, pushing her chair back as she slung her bag over her shoulder, "but I'm getting the hell out of here."

Hinata quickly packed away her things, also standing up from her seat. "Okay. But h-how are we going to..." she trailed off whilst peering over Sakura's shoulder.

Sakura noticed how tense and pale Hinata was, given the exit which was blocked by the sea of students around them. The only way to escape them was to plough through them as if they were a bulldozer.

Things were staring to look up for them, as the student grew restless, and already a few of them were already trying to force their out of the library. Sakura grabbed onto Hinata's hand, slowly making their way through the crowd.

But when it'd appeared that people were actually leaving, and they were so close to the nearest exit, Sakura felt a sudden vibration in her pocket.

The library immediately fell into silence as Sakura felt all eyes trained on her. She pulled out her phone, doing her best to immediately conceal her expression as she quickly read through Sasuke's text to her.

Leave it up to me.

She looked over to Hinata, who was also looking at the same message on her phone. They slowly turned their heads, rigid with fear as the remaining crowd eyed them with an eager, hungry look in their eyes.

Before the crowd could pounce on them, a group of girls began to chirp and bounce in unison.

"Sasuke-kun posted a new tweet!" a voice yelled in the crowd. "Apparently he's off to go to basketball practice."

Before they knew it, Sakura and Hinata were practically shoved out of the library as the throng of students all started piling out - pushing each other as they raced towards the school gymnasium.