Chapter Two

Uchiha Sasuke kept his head down as he pushed his way through the bustling mob. With his hands shoved in his pockets, Sasuke's current objective was to enter the school in one piece; ignoring the camera flashes, questions and fans screaming coming at him every from possible angle.

He touched his ears every so often, checking that his eardrums hadn't bled yet from the rampaging of the crowd around him.

It was all troublesome, really.

The double doors were only a step away, and once he was inside – Sasuke could claim some form of immunity and the sooner Sarutobi got those annoying people away from him, the better.

Father, Sasuke murmured to himself, as he pushed the doors open, I will not disappoint you.

Unfortunately the crowd still followed him inside – one even daring to try to manhandle him for an interview. Sasuke glared as he grabbed the culprit by the cuff of his shirt and shoved him – walking on when he heard the perpetrator stumbling into a group of students.

He stopped mid-step and turned, his face barely concealing his annoyance.

"If any one tries a stunt like that ever again," Sasuke said, his voice low and menacing, "and I'll make sure that it won't be just your careers that's ruined, understood?"

They instantly backed away, flabbergasted. But they still continued to follow him; their persistence to get him overrode their common knowledge of Sasuke's temper.

As he walked through the school hallway, Sasuke knew that all eyes were trained on him. They stood in awe once they saw him, gapping and wide-eyed like a goldfish. He supposed it wasn't their fault, that it was a one in a million chance that they'd be breathing and standing in the same building as him – Japan's most notorious teen heartthrob at the moment.

It was inevitable that his name would be the only thing talked about in this small little school, and if it were like the last schools he went to – it was going to be another hellhole and he'd never be left alone. But he remembered why he was even in this pathetic little place – and Sasuke ventured on.

Scrounging for the timetable tucked in his blazer, Sasuke took a quick glance at it – strategically angling it so that they wouldn't get a quick glance at it, or else his classes would be leaked all over the internet before homeroom started.

The only things Sasuke had on him were a small notebook and some pens. He still hadn't even changed into his slip-on shoes, a trivia that irritated him. He'd planned to get to his locker later (hoping to exploit his status with the teachers) when the hallway was emptier so there were less chances of people knowing where his locker was and snooping around to pry into his stuff.

But a flash of pink caught his eye, and Sasuke's immediate thoughts were to find out where it was going. Turning his head, he saw someone heading towards him.

Is it her? He thought, eying her as he quickened his pace, trying to catch up to them.

Sasuke didn't understand why he was eager to meet her. From yesterday's meeting, she didn't even seem to recognize him. To be fair, he had been in disguise so maybe, with him exposed as it were – she could possibly remember him. It didn't matter in the greater scheme of things, but there was some irrational desire to just see her.

As he got closer, it was indeed Sakura who was in front of him. Even with her oversized beanie obscuring most of her features, the glimpses of pink hair were still a definite giveaway.

Sakura looked up, and for a single moment – their eyes met. There was nothing unusual about her, hair colour excluded – but the way her green eyes had locked onto him had him momentarily mesmerized. That strange feeling seized him again, and Sasuke darted his gaze around – fiddling through his pockets for a cigarette or his phone, anything to distract himself and the crowd behind him.