Chapter 1

Soft, warm rays shone down from the dazzling sun that hung high in the brilliant cerulean sky which hue reminded me of the marvelous seas; I liked how they both matched, not only their similarity in color, but also the fact that both were infinite; the sky, high and limitless and the seas, deep and boundless.

I could hear the sweet chirps of birds in the cherry blossom trees as well as the nostalgic laughter from children playing nearby. The air was laced with the fresh flowery-scent of a delightful spring morning; it was indeed a beautiful day to be outside where the fortunate youths could enjoy their lives to the fullest.

But unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky as them. Instead, I was waiting in a line that seemed to be endless outside of the local cinema. Did I also mention that I was alone? Completely and pathetically alone.

I gritted my teeth in chagrin with my arms crossed over my chest; one of my friends had invited me to go see the new anime movie that was coming out that week with him but thirty minutes had passed since the agreed time and there I was, standing alone in the middle of a crowded cinema and my friend nowhere to be seen.

"He is definitely going home with a black eye the next time I see him." I growled to no one in particular as anger and exasperation began to rise within me.

"Who's definitely going home with a black eye the next time you see him?" an abrupt voice spoke up from beside me causing me to jerk towards its source to meet a smirking red-haired-male.

There was no doubt in the world that he was attractive; his shaggy, vibrant crimson hair and his fair, vaguely plump cheeks made him seem like an innocent and sweet gentlemen that one would usually meet in the streets of Tokyo but his unique mercury-hued-eyes that glowed with an undying brightness and his smug smirk told one otherwise.

I kept an unimpressed face as I replied; the last thing that I wanted then was to feed this pompous busybody's already growing ego. "That's none of your business." I said coolly.

I immediately tore my gaze away from him, silently hoping that he would let the matter go but like the rest of my life, things didn't always go as I'd hoped.

"Really?" he interjected, a hint of amusement lingered in his tone which made my eyebrow twitch in irritation. "But considering the fact that whoever this poor guy might be is part of the male kind, I feel obligated to look out for him."

I slowly turned around to face his smug countenance and said, "It's my friend, alright? He'd invited me to see a movie today but here I am, thirty minutes passed our agreed time and he's nowhere in sight! Now that I've told you, will you please leave me to plot my revenge in peace?"

Just as I was about to shift my attention back to the line in front, the redhead spoke again. "Guess that makes the two of us, huh?" he gave a lazy smirk and shoved his hands into his pockets. "I'm waiting for a friend too, and they are way too late for my liking. So what do you say? Let's plot our revenges together."

I had the tiniest smile tugging at the ends of my lips as I rolled my eyes at the red-haired-male's words. "That might actually not be such a bad idea..." I mumbled; I'd admit, I wasn't one to be swayed easily, but this guy just seemed to have a way with words that would leave anyone smitten, and that with the addition of his good-looks were indeed a deadly combination.

"Great! So I was thinking about putting wasabi and ghost chili peppers in their food..." he started and I couldn't help but let out a light chuckle. "Just out of curiosity," I interrupted him mid-revenge-planning. "Does this friend of yours happen to be a girl?"

His eyebrows rose high as he took in my sudden inquiry. "Sorry to disappoint you but 'she' is a 'he', or according to his birth certificate it is."

I bit down on my bottom lip to prevent myself from cracking into a mouth-splitting-grin and simply shook my head. "No offense, but you kind of give off the impression that you're a playboy."

His earlier smirk crept its way back onto his attractive face as he looked down at me; gosh, he was tall. "Is that so...?" he asked, my words had clearly piqued his interest. "And what makes you think that?"

"Well, you're a ridiculously attractive guy with the most arrogant attitude that I've seen yet," I explained matter-of-factly; ever since I was little, I'd always aspired to become a psychologist; the ability of healing someone from the inside out and understanding the behavior and mental processes of humans had always seemed like an extraordinary skill to possess to me and I planned to work hard to achieve my goal no matter what it took. But almost anyone could've figured out that obvious statement even without the basic knowledge of psychology. "And that added with the fact that nearly every female you'd passed by had turned around for a second glimpse at you makes you seem like the epitome of a womanizer."

The redhead's smirk had turned into a full-on grin, revealing two pointy canine teeth that would've normally looked scary or unsightly on anyone else but it suited him perfectly. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm more into pranks rather than charming girls." He then leaned forward so his face was only inches from mine. "But of course, I'm not completely clueless in that department and I'd be more than happy to show you a few tricks if you're interested."

By this point, I was wearing the most idiotic grin on my face but I couldn't care less about how I looked then with the close proximity of the attractive redhead to crowd my thoughts. "You know, you're not doing a very good job at convincing me that you're not a womanizer." I murmured. "And I don't even know your name yet."

"Karma," he smirked and if I were any other girl, I would've melted into a puddle of goop right then and there, luckily I wasn't. Though I had to admit, my knees did feel a bit weak after catching a close-up glimpse of that face. "Akabane Karma."

"(L/ N) (F/ N)." I replied.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, (L/ N)-san." He said.

I looked up at him through my lashes and said with a smile, "I would feel the same if it weren't for you invading my personal space right now."

He pulled away with a chuckle and smiled back. "Fair enough."

I parted my lips to speak, but a rather girlish voice halted me mid-action. "Karma-kun!" it called aloud and both Karma and I turned our heads toward the direction of the abrupt voice to find a girl with blue haired tied in two short pigtails running towards us.

"Oh, sorry, (L/ N)-san," Karma then glanced back at me with a smirk. "But I got to go, my victim's here and I'm ready to play out my revenge plan."

It took me several moments until I'd finally realized that the blue-haired-girl was the friend he was talking about earlier. "But wait!" I blurted out. "I thought you said that your friend was a guy?"

Karma's mercury orbs gleamed with amusement as his smirk grew. "Don't always trust what you see, (L/ N)-san, because they aren't always going to turn out what you'd expected."

Before I could even mutter a reply, he'd left my side and made his way over to his supposed male companion; it'd be a lie if I said that I wasn't even the slightest big shocked by this unexpected epiphany but I got over it soon enough.

"(L/ N)-san!" I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand suddenly on my shoulder but it'd turned me around to see a pair of familiar violet eyes before I had a chance to slap their face. I released a sigh of relief once I'd scanned the rest of their features. "Asano-kun," I breathed. "You've almost given me a heart-attack."

"What were you doing talking to Akabane Karma?" he hissed at me out of the blue and it took me a few seconds until I'd registered his words. "Wait, you know him?" I inquired, confusion written over my countenance as plain as day.

"Of course I do!" he spat. "He's one of those disgraceful End Class students that ruined our school's name!"

"You're exaggerating again, Asano-kun," I sighed with my shoulders slumped back. "And stop bashing the students from the End Class, they're still human too, you know?"

He clicked his tongue in irritation and anger and began to pull me away by the arm. "Whatever. Let's just go see this stupid movie already!"

I let out another frustrated sigh and allowed him to drag me away. I did however, glanced back in the direction where Karma had ran off, but by then, he was already gone.