Eid Special

EID MUBARAK!!!!!!!!!!!  In honour of this happy day, I thought I'd do an Eid One Shot for you guys, since it's the PERFECT way to end this story and tie all the loose knots...sorta. Yep, that's right, this is the LAST one shot, so I hope you savour the flavour of the last slice of CTBB. Think of it as my Eid gift to YOU 🎁 Enjoy 😉

____________

Mariam's POV

"Mama, Baba, wake up, it's Eid!"

Suddenly everything started shaking, and it felt like I was sailing on a turbulent sea until I opened my eyes. Who needed an alarm clock when you had children?

"What's happening?" Damian mumbled, still half asleep beside me while Imran, Malak and Zakariyah bounced on the bed, fizzing with excitement. Despite my grogginess, it was still a pleasure to wake up to three adorable faces sporting three cheeky smiles.

"Eid Mubarak, Baba!" Imran shouted into Damian's ear, and I chuckled as he moaned, still disgruntled and heavy from sleep, grumbling, "Five more minutes."

"No, Baba, you have to wake up now!" Malak yelled, sitting on his legs.

"Alright, I'm up, I'm up," Damian rubbed his eyes, still looking confused. "Why are our kids so chirpy in the morning?"

"I have no idea," I replied as I scooped Zak into my arms while Malak and Imran leaped off the bed. Could you believe it was only six thirty in the morning, and yet already they were up?

"Have you brushed your teeth yet?" I asked my kids, and they shook their heads sheepishly. "Then go do it! And here, Imran, take Zak while I get ready, okay, habibi?"

"Yes, Mama." Imran was turning nine next month, and as the oldest of the bunch, he had the responsibility of looking after his little siblings. He reminded me a lot of Nasr, and I was very proud of Imran because this year he fasted for the whole month of Ramadan, something I had achieved when I was ten years old.

"Eid Mubarak, habibti," Damian folded me into a hug, and I smiled against his chest, murmuring, "Khair Mubarak." It was our eleventh Eid together as a couple, and I only prayed we'd live to see many more Eids and Ramadans.

Eid this year fell towards the end of summer. Damian and I both took leave of our jobs each year for Eid so we could spend time with our family and be able to go to the mosque for Eid prayer in the morning.

The hardest part was getting to the mosque in the first place.

"Mummy, can you help me put this on?" Malak had her head stuck in the hole of her dress I had bought her last weekend, and I sighed, tugging it over her small head of brown locks, adjusting it for her.

"Imran, what are you doing?"

Imran was wearing his Eid clothes, playing on the PlayStation Damian had gotten him last year. "Let me finish this first," he said as his little fingers worked the remote control.

"We have to leave in five minutes, there's no time to play around," I told him firmly, reaching over to snatch the remote from him but he just leaned away from me, attempting to finish the level.

"Mum, just let me finish!" he whined, so I did, going off to look for Damian, who had finished dressing Zak. I smiled at him appreciatively, until I saw what Zak was wearing.

"Damian, why is he wearing the Spiderman shirt? That's not the shirt we bought him for Eid."

"But he loves the Spiderman shirt," Damian insisted, ruffling Zak's hair.

"The Spiderman shirt isn't for Eid, though," I pointed out before grabbing the shirt that I had intended for him to wear today. "This is the shirt."