Chapter two

Recap : ‘You left out the worst part Jase’

‘What Nina?’ - end of recap

 'Please tell me guys'

'I don't think we should'

''Yes you should' I begged them slightly scared of what they'd say.

‘You were caught looking like you were having sex with James’ Jase explained. I swore. James was the school, well undesirable to put nicely. He was a bully and not even the slightest bit good looking. I was never going to live this down. I gagged thinking about myself kissing his scaly lips.

‘Do I have to go to school today? I’m never going to live this down’

‘Nope you’re going because we can’t stay at my parents place.’

I searched for my bag which Jase had managed to take to his place. I searched for my makeup and began applying it frantically in front of the mirror, covering my dreary hangover face.

I giggled uncontrollably as I looked up and watched Nina apply makeup on her face. Normally I was the one to do it for her considering how hopeless she was at that kind of thing but for some reason today was different. Nina's eyes were red from poking herself in the eye with liner. She'd smudged her eye shadow giving the appearance of a black eye.

'Here let me fix it' I begged her.

"No" she replied defiantly "today is the day I do my own make up. Why don't you just get ready?'

"Fine" I huffed and search Jase’s cupboard for a shirt to wear with the denim shorts I already had on. I found a simple black t-shirt which didn’t look too big and pulled it over my head.

‘Time to go' Jase called already dressed. He had buttered toast in his hands throwing a piece towards me.

‘Thanks’ Nina decided to ditch trying to apply her makeup.  I went over to fix up Nina's make up before frantically ushering the two out of the house. I was sure to put on sunglasses and a hat to ensure I had the most amount of protection from the sun. My body still ached and I felt overly fragile. I didn’t won’t to be late. I was a good student, most of the time.

We all jumped in Jase’s car arriving at school ten minutes late. I groaned as I lined up to sign in. We were clearly not the only ones late. There was a line of at least thirty other kids who were also late. I groaned again this was going to take forever.

‘Damn it’ I muttered

"Look at the bright side Ivy'

'What bright side' I glared at Jase

He chuckled "We miss out on class'

"Great it's the first day back and I'm already behind' I sighed and crossed my arms watching Jase carelessly flirt with all the girls in line before walking back to me.

'Player' I coughed really subtly (sarcasm)

"What was that?" Jase smirked up at me.

'Nothing just had something in my throat'

'Oh sure you did'

'I did'

'Liar'

'Am not'

'Are so'

'Am..."

'Stop it' Nina interrupted 'For once it'd be nice if you two acted your age'

I nodded along with Jase but not before sticking my tongue at him. He just smirked and itched his chin with his middle finger. I did the same.

'Next' called the impatient lady at the desk causing me and Jase to jump. Nina pushed passed us taking her turn to snicker. The lady, if you could call her that, she looked more like a vulture angrily asked for our names before quickly signing us in. She handed us our new schedules. I looked down